Problems with 68360 Transparent mode

Post by Carsten Wiethof » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to receive transparent data from a 2MBit link using the TSA.
I notice the strange effect that receiving works when using a timeslot
of 3 or more bits, but does not work when using 1 or 2 bits.
Timeslots of 1 or 2 bits length work without problems in HDLC mode.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour, is this a known error or are
there some suggestions what a might do wrong?

We are using Revisions C2 and C4 of the 68360.

--
Carsten Wiethoff                                Siemens AG AUT 33 E1

Post by Joel Sumn » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm trying to receive transparent data from a 2MBit link using the TSA.
> I notice the strange effect that receiving works when using a timeslot
> of 3 or more bits, but does not work when using 1 or 2 bits.
> Timeslots of 1 or 2 bits length work without problems in HDLC mode.

> Has anyone else noticed this behaviour, is this a known error or are
> there some suggestions what a might do wrong?

> We are using Revisions C2 and C4 of the 68360.

You might see if you have CTSS=1, CDP=1, CTSP=1, and CDSS=1 in the GSMR..

Post by Carsten Wiethof » Tue, 03 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> > I'm trying to receive transparent data from a 2MBit link using the TSA.
> > I notice the strange effect that receiving works when using a timeslot
> > of 3 or more bits, but does not work when using 1 or 2 bits.
> > Timeslots of 1 or 2 bits length work without problems in HDLC mode.
> You might see if you have CTSS=1, CDP=1, CTSP=1, and CDSS=1 in the GSMR..

Checked that. I'm setting CTSS=1 and CTSP=1 for transparent transmitting
and CDP=1 and CDS=1 for transparent receiving.
As I stated, the settings work for timeslots of 3 bits and larger, but
not for one and two bits. So the only thing I change is the entry in the
SIRAM, nothing in the SCC registers.

Can anyone confirm that transparent receiving of timeslots with 1 or 2
bits
length is possible and send me the appropriate register settings?

Thanks for your time.
  Carsten
--
Carsten Wiethoff                                Siemens AG AUT 33 E1

1. 68360 SCC Transparent Mode & TSA

Hi,

I'm using the time slot assigner and an SCC in transparent
mode on an 68360 (QUICC).

The data is ready in the BDs and I want to pack it into
one of 32 8-bit time slots with the TSA. I'm using an 8-bit
in-line synchronization pattern.

After I enable the transmitter the communication starts.
The problem is: There is a misalignment of 4 bits. What I want
to say: Not every byte is in another timeslot of the output.
Instead each TS is filled with the upper half of one byte
together with the lower half (nibble) of the next one.

What is astonishing is that the misalignment is not random;
it's always 4 bits.

Can anyone give me a hint where does this come from?
A problem with the time slot assigner (TSA)?

since I am not regularly reading newsgroups.

Thanks
Bjoern

2. Writing my own windows driver; advice needed on getting started

3. 68360 SCC transparent - extra ff byte

4. How can I trap for resource failover and then run a batch file

5. Transparent Communication with 68360

6. New patches - week ending 16 July 95

7. MC68360 Transparent Mode with Inline Synchronization

8. open a port using extending access list.

9. SIMASK on 68302 in Totally Transparent Mode.

10. 68040 Transparent Translation problem

11. 68360 UART mode performance

12. 68360 in UART mode

13. Preformance of 68360 CPM in UART mode