Using Rumba and Data Queues between AS/400 and PC

Using Rumba and Data Queues between AS/400 and PC

Post by John Pa » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 19:55:25

Hello,

We are currently using Cobol and Office Vision to create letters, but
when we move to the latest version of the operating system, support
for Office Vision is removed.

I want to be able to print my letters via Word or a similar type of
package.

What I want to do, is have my Cobol application, send a request to the
data queue, have the PC application pick up the entry on the data
queue and process the request.

Has anyone ever tried this?, and if so can you share any of your
findings please?

Thanks,

JP

Using Rumba and Data Queues between AS/400 and PC

Post by Andre » Sun, 28 Oct 2001 01:13:05

Hello,

You may want to have a look at a product called LAUNCHER/400.
The idea is to drive Word from you AS programs (CL, RPG or COBOL...).
So you can directly insert your data into the word document and control many
other features.

This isn't exactly the question you were asking for but maybe this solution
can be interresting.
Have a look at www.easycom-aura.com for more informations.

Andr

Quote:> Hello,

> We are currently using Cobol and Office Vision to create letters, but
> when we move to the latest version of the operating system, support
> for Office Vision is removed.

> I want to be able to print my letters via Word or a similar type of
> package.

> What I want to do, is have my Cobol application, send a request to the
> data queue, have the PC application pick up the entry on the data
> queue and process the request.

> Has anyone ever tried this?, and if so can you share any of your
> findings please?

> Thanks,

> JP

Using Rumba and Data Queues between AS/400 and PC

Post by Richard Schoe » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:20:01

Hello John,

Our FTP Remote Command Server product will allow you to call PC programs as
well as run MS Word mail merges. You can call the API's directly from a CL,
RPG or COBOL program.

For more information, check out our web site or contact me directly.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts"

Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Quote:> Hello,

> We are currently using Cobol and Office Vision to create letters, but
> when we move to the latest version of the operating system, support
> for Office Vision is removed.

> I want to be able to print my letters via Word or a similar type of
> package.

> What I want to do, is have my Cobol application, send a request to the
> data queue, have the PC application pick up the entry on the data
> queue and process the request.

> Has anyone ever tried this?, and if so can you share any of your
> findings please?

> Thanks,

> JP

1. Log messages from PC Program using Data Queues...

Hi all.

I have a PC program written in VB to receive data queue entries from the 400
and do some "stuff"...  It appears as though history logs are getting filled
up quickly with the following message:

Servicing job 125105/QUSER/QZHQSSRV for user XXX on 02/23/00 13:12:35 in
subs...

This message appears every time the data queue entry is received.  Is there
any way that I can stop these messages?

Any info appreciated.  Thanks!

Kent.

2. MegaMIDI DOS 1/1

3. prob w/ VB 5 to 400 using data queues

4. printer driver for HP 692?

5. AS/400 C/S Using Data Queues

6. LSOBJ.ARX & CONFIGIO errors

7. Problems using Data Queues via Client Access

8. HP LaserJet series II

9. Problem with using data queues via Visual Basic

10. Need advice on using EHLLAPI or Data Queues with AS400 client access

11. PC Support Data Queues - performance & response

12. Any easy way to change DDM data area & data queues?

13. Packed Data in Data Queues?