RPG. Fold or truncate subfile question

Post by john8.. » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I've wriiten a subfile in RPG/400 which uses
SFLMODE, SFLDROP and SFLFOLD.  The program works
OK and the display file toggles OK.  The problem
arises when I have the subfile folded and press
enter without changing the screen.This causes the
subfile to truncate again. Is there anyway to
prevent the subfile changing mode without
pressing the assigned function key (F11)?
Cheers,
John.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

RPG. Fold or truncate subfile question

Post by David Schuman » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Read the SFLMODE variable when ENTER is pressed. This will tell you what
state (drop or fold) the screen was in. Use this information to set the
appropriate indicators on SFLDROP and SFLFOLD.

--
David Schumann
City County Data Center

>Hi,
>I've wriiten a subfile in RPG/400 which uses
>SFLMODE, SFLDROP and SFLFOLD.  The program works
>OK and the display file toggles OK.  The problem
>arises when I have the subfile folded and press
>enter without changing the screen.This causes the
>subfile to truncate again. Is there anyway to
>prevent the subfile changing mode without
>pressing the assigned function key (F11)?
>Cheers,
>John.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Subfile drop and fold

I am using JDE World software's SVR to modify an existing subfile. I
added a new line under an existing one, and added the keywords SFLDROP
and SFLFOLD to the SFLCTL record. When I open this screen, I do not
see the lines that I THOUGHT I added to the fold. Instead, the second
line of the original detail is displayed on the fold, and the new line
is not present. My RPG code checks ####MD = 0 and sets the indicator
for SFLFOLD and SFLDROP accordingly. (####MD COMP '0'     set 04 EQ)
The fold opens and closes like it should, but the wrong line is
displayed inside.

2. voice/(data/fax) switch

3. Advice : Check if a subfile is in fold or drop mode

4. Career Opportunity/Outcomes Research/Northern NJ

5. cute subfile question - show subfile as it loads?

6. Benchmark software

7. RPG subfile question

8. Dual Boot Win98 SE & Win 2000 (file systems)?

9. Dumb RPG subfile question

10. Truncate Message

11. subfile question

12. Subfile Question

13. Multiple Window Subfile Control Question.