Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by W.Paul Gra » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running
most of our legacy systems.  We track orders via the AS400.  We have our

customers' email address on his customer record in the AS400.  Every
night I would like to build a file of all the shipments and let the
customer know that his Purchase Order # xxx for Product xyz was shipped
via UPS.  I will even be able to build in the URL so that the customer
can track his package(s), not unlike what amazon.com does.

We have a NT Server running Microsoft Exchange and the AS400 can run
SMTP mail.  Does anybody know of an easy way to send the email from the
AS400 or should I build a file and pass it to Microsoft Exchange?  If
anybody is doing this sort of thing, I would appreciate an email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Tim » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Check out Netsend/400 from www.net400.com we use it to send order status to
our online customers.

It is a very simple API in that it can only send.

> I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

> automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running
> most of our legacy systems.  We track orders via the AS400.  We have our

> customers' email address on his customer record in the AS400.  Every
> night I would like to build a file of all the shipments and let the
> customer know that his Purchase Order # xxx for Product xyz was shipped
> via UPS.  I will even be able to build in the URL so that the customer
> can track his package(s), not unlike what amazon.com does.

> We have a NT Server running Microsoft Exchange and the AS400 can run
> SMTP mail.  Does anybody know of an easy way to send the email from the
> AS400 or should I build a file and pass it to Microsoft Exchange?  If
> anybody is doing this sort of thing, I would appreciate an email.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Stev » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

>automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running
>most of our legacy systems.  We track orders via the AS400.  We have our

>customers' email address on his customer record in the AS400.  Every
>night I would like to build a file of all the shipments and let the
>customer know that his Purchase Order # xxx for Product xyz was shipped
>via UPS.  I will even be able to build in the URL so that the customer
>can track his package(s), not unlike what amazon.com does.

>We have a NT Server running Microsoft Exchange and the AS400 can run
>SMTP mail.  Does anybody know of an easy way to send the email from the
>AS400 or should I build a file and pass it to Microsoft Exchange?  If
>anybody is doing this sort of thing, I would appreciate an email.

>Any help would be appreciated.

I distribute metal prices several times a day by e-mail - to do this, I
use SNDDST, with an RPG program to write a text file with a hex 70
(IIRC) at the end of each line (column 60) (to act as a return char).
I read a file of e-mail addresses and send the file to each one.

Notes on setting up SMTP to use SNDDST are on my web-site
http://www.ways.demon.co.uk

(I'm in the process of re-writing this prior to presenting it at
COMMON Europe - so there should be code samples and more detail
soon).

Don't bother buying software - do it for free.

--
Steve

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Richard Schoe » Mon, 07 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Check out our SMTP/400 software. SMTP/400 can send out emails via the AS/400
SMTP Server or can bypass the AS/400 SMTP Server and send directly to the MS
Exchange Server. You can install and have the software up and running in a
few minutes.

Please check out our web site for a demo download or contact me via email or
phone to further discuss your needs.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems
"The AS/400 Report Distribution Experts"

Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

> I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

> automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running
> most of our legacy systems.  We track orders via the AS400.  We have our

> customers' email address on his customer record in the AS400.  Every
> night I would like to build a file of all the shipments and let the
> customer know that his Purchase Order # xxx for Product xyz was shipped
> via UPS.  I will even be able to build in the URL so that the customer
> can track his package(s), not unlike what amazon.com does.

> We have a NT Server running Microsoft Exchange and the AS400 can run
> SMTP mail.  Does anybody know of an easy way to send the email from the
> AS400 or should I build a file and pass it to Microsoft Exchange?  If
> anybody is doing this sort of thing, I would appreciate an email.

> Any help would be appreciated.

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Patrick Townsen » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Piece of cake. Check out NetSend from Net400: http://www.net400.com.
Patrick

> I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

> automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running
> most of our legacy systems.  We track orders via the AS400.  We have our

> customers' email address on his customer record in the AS400.  Every
> night I would like to build a file of all the shipments and let the
> customer know that his Purchase Order # xxx for Product xyz was shipped
> via UPS.  I will even be able to build in the URL so that the customer
> can track his package(s), not unlike what amazon.com does.

> We have a NT Server running Microsoft Exchange and the AS400 can run
> SMTP mail.  Does anybody know of an easy way to send the email from the
> AS400 or should I build a file and pass it to Microsoft Exchange?  If
> anybody is doing this sort of thing, I would appreciate an email.

> Any help would be appreciated.

--
IBM AS/400 communications, FTP automation, and network security
software and consulting services.

http://www.patownsend.com

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by T. Withan » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am using SNDDST to send E-Mail with text attachments.
I want to format the body of the msg. I tried hex 70, but doesn't format the
body.
Anyone knows what hex code to be used ? (I tried ASCII 13 10 with no
success)

Thanks

Tissa

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by David Fow » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Have a look at  http://www.dfowle.dircon.co.uk/PDFing for details of
our product. It can can convert spooled-files (SCS or AFPDS) to PDF
(Adobe Acrobat Reader) format and automatically e-mail them.

The product runs under Windows NT4 and does not require the
installation of any software on your AS/400!

Regards

Dave Fowle

On Sun, 06 Feb 2000 10:00:35 -0600, "W.Paul Gray"

>I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

>automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running
>most of our legacy systems.  We track orders via the AS400.  We have our

>customers' email address on his customer record in the AS400.  Every
>night I would like to build a file of all the shipments and let the
>customer know that his Purchase Order # xxx for Product xyz was shipped
>via UPS.  I will even be able to build in the URL so that the customer
>can track his package(s), not unlike what amazon.com does.

>We have a NT Server running Microsoft Exchange and the AS400 can run
>SMTP mail.  Does anybody know of an easy way to send the email from the
>AS400 or should I build a file and pass it to Microsoft Exchange?  If
>anybody is doing this sort of thing, I would appreciate an email.

>Any help would be appreciated.

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Matt.H.. » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I am using SNDDST to send E-Mail with text attachments.
> I want to format the body of the msg. I tried hex 70, but doesn't
format the
> body.
> Anyone knows what hex code to be used ? (I tried ASCII 13 10 with no
> success)

Tissa,

Try 0D25 (first char is a zero).

Matt

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Paul Nicola » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi Tissa,

Maybe press F1 on the LMSG parameter ?

It explains what you need...

Regards,
Paul
--------------------------------
I am using SNDDST to send E-Mail with text attachments.
I want to format the body of the msg. I tried hex 70, but doesn't format the
body.
Anyone knows what hex code to be used ? (I tried ASCII 13 10 with no
success)

Thanks

Tissa

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by pierr » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi Paul,
LAUNCHER/400 was designed for this purpose : sending mail from AS/400
through EXCHANGE or OUTLOOK. Besides this, you can also run WORD or EXCEL
with this product.
Please download LAUNCHER/400 from our web site www.easycom-aura.com
Standart version of LAUNCHER/400 is US$1800
Best regards
Pierre Dodu
AURA Equipements
The Editor of LAUNCHER/400 and EASYCOM Technology
www.easycom-aura.com
++ 33 1 69 07 01 45

Post by Nj?l Fisketj? » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 06 Feb 2000 10:00:35 -0600, "W.Paul Gray"

>I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

>automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running

Take a look at my free code samples at

http://www.robin.no/~nfisketj

Nj?l Fisketj?n, FIGU DATA AS

http://www.robin.no/~nfisketj

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by T. Withan » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Paul, those control codes (:/N and :/P) work only with LMSG. Does not
work with MSG.

Quote:> Hi Tissa,

> Maybe press F1 on the LMSG parameter ?

> It explains what you need...

> Regards,
> Paul
> --------------------------------

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Spencer C Elliot » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You might want to take a look at S4i Express at http://www.solution400.com.
You could produce a shipment report and S4i Express can capture the spool
file, electronically burst it and automatically email the shipment
notification to your customer.  We  provide extensive exits where you can
interface directly with your customer database to pick up their email
address or have them automatically added to our destination database.

Spencer

> I am an AS400 programmer that would like to send emails to our customers

> automatically.  We are a manufacturing company with the AS400 running
> most of our legacy systems.  We track orders via the AS400.  We have our

> customers' email address on his customer record in the AS400.  Every
> night I would like to build a file of all the shipments and let the
> customer know that his Purchase Order # xxx for Product xyz was shipped
> via UPS.  I will even be able to build in the URL so that the customer
> can track his package(s), not unlike what amazon.com does.

> We have a NT Server running Microsoft Exchange and the AS400 can run
> SMTP mail.  Does anybody know of an easy way to send the email from the
> AS400 or should I build a file and pass it to Microsoft Exchange?  If
> anybody is doing this sort of thing, I would appreciate an email.

> Any help would be appreciated.

  spencer.vcf
< 1K Download

Automatically sending emails to our customers?

Post by Stev » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Notes on setting up SMTP to use SNDDST are on my web-site
>http://www.ways.demon.co.uk

>(I'm in the process of re-writing this prior to presenting it at
>COMMON Europe - so there should be code samples and more detail
>soon).

Now updated as promised.

Quote: