CGI authority problem

Post by Joeri Bossuy » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:09:53

I have set up an HTTP CGI server on the AS400.
When I want to call an existing program (PGMA) from within my CGI program
(RESULT.PGM) which resides in a library (LIB: LIBA) other than de CGI
program (LIB: CGIDEV2), I get the message MCH1001 (Attempt to use permanent
system object PGMA without authority.)

Browser URL : http://ashdp2/cgidev2p/result.pgm

HTTP SETTINGS :

The following directive maps to the library where the cgi program is stored.
Exec     /cgidev2p/*     /QSYS.LIB/CGIDEV2.LIB/*     %%EBCDIC%%

The CGI program is executed, and the message appears when the CGI program
does a call to the program PGMA.
I have already added the library LIBA to the JOBD which the HTTP server
uses, else the CGI doesn't find the program PGMA (message : Cannot resolve
to object PGMA. Type and Subtype X'0201' Authority
  X'0000'.)

I suspect that I have to add an extra derective in the HTTP server, but I
don't know which one.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

CGI authority problem

Post by Mark Smit » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 22:30:22

Just as the message says you probably lack authority to the object.

There are two user profiles, QTMHHTTP and QTMHHTP1. The first one is
the HTTP server user profile and the second one the HTTP Server CGI
profile.

When running a CGI program the second profile is the profile where the
program runs under. As with all other profiles, that profile needs all
the necessary authority to all objects that it is using.

You adjusted so the object is found, now you need to adjust the
authority.

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:09:53 +0200, "Joeri Bossuyt"

>I have set up an HTTP CGI server on the AS400.
>When I want to call an existing program (PGMA) from within my CGI program
>(RESULT.PGM) which resides in a library (LIB: LIBA) other than de CGI
>program (LIB: CGIDEV2), I get the message MCH1001 (Attempt to use permanent
>system object PGMA without authority.)

>Browser URL : http://ashdp2/cgidev2p/result.pgm

>HTTP SETTINGS :

>The following directive maps to the library where the cgi program is stored.
>Exec     /cgidev2p/*     /QSYS.LIB/CGIDEV2.LIB/*     %%EBCDIC%%

>The CGI program is executed, and the message appears when the CGI program
>does a call to the program PGMA.
>I have already added the library LIBA to the JOBD which the HTTP server
>uses, else the CGI doesn't find the program PGMA (message : Cannot resolve
>to object PGMA. Type and Subtype X'0201' Authority
>  X'0000'.)

>I suspect that I have to add an extra derective in the HTTP server, but I
>don't know which one.

>Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
      Mark Smits
--

Com-Unit BV, The Netherlands.
The makers of Spider-Road?.

1. Authority problem on IFS

Hi,

When using Client Access to drag-and-drop a file into a subdirectory of the
IFS, the data and object authority (see WRKLNK, Option 9) are copied from
the higher level as it should be.  However, when dragging a PC directory in
it, only the data authority from the higher level is used, not the object
authority which is all blank.  It also creates a strange file (0 bytes)
named TESTDIR.TMP in the directory.

The version of CA used is V3R1M2 (SF46059) and OS/400 V3R2 (however, on a
V3R7 everything works fine).

Kind regards,
Paul

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

2. Docs for check_ rules

3. Authority Problem in Accessing DDM Files

4. import lib (help)

5. Authority Problem with looking at Job Logs

6. Redshift for Windows and OS/2

7. Authority Problem with /QNTC/...

8. Copy file names to Word

9. Data authority problem w/ UNIX IFS API's

10. HTTP in DDS authority problem

11. Authority problem with OPNQRYF

12. AS400 Printer Authority Problem !

13. Small authority problem