Damaged System Object

Post by Ron Venn » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:29:58

Yesterday, I received an error message:

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF8198
Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/15/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
19:14:48

Message . . . . :   Damaged object found.

Cause . . . . . :   An object was found damaged and marked damaged by
the
  system.
Recovery  . . . :   See low level messages to determine type of object
found
  damaged and recovery procedures required.

I've found the damaged object.  It's QSYS/QWTMCCPJ and it has
something to do with prestart jobs cuz I can't get a certain subsystem
to start again.

Luckily, I did a syssav several days ago, so I assume I can recover.
I tried doing: RSTOBJ OBJ(QWTMCCPJ) SAVLIB(QSYS) DEV(TAP01), but the
system says it can't find the object.

Question is:  Is my only recovery path a restore of the operating
system from tape?  Or is there a way to just get this one object
restored?

Thanks in advance

Damaged System Object

Post by Dr. Ugo Gagliardell » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:08:36

> Yesterday, I received an error message:

> Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF8198
> Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/15/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
> 19:14:48

> Message . . . . :   Damaged object found.

> Cause . . . . . :   An object was found damaged and marked damaged by
> the
>   system.
> Recovery  . . . :   See low level messages to determine type of object
> found
>   damaged and recovery procedures required.

> I've found the damaged object.  It's QSYS/QWTMCCPJ and it has
> something to do with prestart jobs cuz I can't get a certain subsystem
> to start again.

> Luckily, I did a syssav several days ago, so I assume I can recover.
> I tried doing: RSTOBJ OBJ(QWTMCCPJ) SAVLIB(QSYS) DEV(TAP01), but the
> system says it can't find the object.

> Question is:  Is my only recovery path a restore of the operating
> system from tape?  Or is there a way to just get this one object
> restored?

You can also restore the single object saved from another system of the same version/release.
btw, restoring the OS manually is not a long lasting operation and is safe.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA?ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome

Damaged System Object

Post by Jack Kingsl » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:04:30

> Yesterday, I received an error message:

> Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF8198
> Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/15/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
> 19:14:48

> Message . . . . :   Damaged object found.

> Cause . . . . . :   An object was found damaged and marked damaged by
> the
>   system.
> Recovery  . . . :   See low level messages to determine type of object
> found
>   damaged and recovery procedures required.

> I've found the damaged object.  It's QSYS/QWTMCCPJ and it has
> something to do with prestart jobs cuz I can't get a certain subsystem
> to start again.

> Luckily, I did a syssav several days ago, so I assume I can recover.
> I tried doing: RSTOBJ OBJ(QWTMCCPJ) SAVLIB(QSYS) DEV(TAP01), but the
> system says it can't find the object.

> Question is:  Is my only recovery path a restore of the operating
> system from tape?  Or is there a way to just get this one object
> restored?

> Thanks in advance

Might want to try an IPL to see if this fixes the damaged object.

Damaged System Object

Post by Roge » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 06:56:02

Looks like QWTMCCPJ is the name of a job, a Prestart Job. How can a whole
job be damaged? I think you have to dig further to find the name of the
damaged object.
Look in the SBSD to see the name of the program called...

Quote:> Yesterday, I received an error message: