JD Edwards and Aldon CMS/Harmonizer or similar--looking for feedback

JD Edwards and Aldon CMS/Harmonizer or similar--looking for feedback

Post by Charles Wil » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:24:59

I'm looking for feedback from users of JD Edwards and Aldon's
CMS/Harmonizer or similar products.

All I'm looking for is general information: do you like the combination,
how helpful is it and do you recommend the solution?

Also, I have one specific question in regards to JD Edwards and
Harmonizer.  How well does Harmonizer work merging modifications made to
old versions of JD Edwards applications with new releases of the
applications?

Thanks in advance,
Charles Wilt

JD Edwards and Aldon CMS/Harmonizer or similar--looking for feedback

Post by Larr » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:18:04

I have used Harmonizer and found that it did a excellent job in
merging code from different versions. The only issue was that you must
have the original version of the program. For it to work successfully
you need three versions of the program , the original version , the
original version with your changes and the new release that is based
on the original version.

JD Edwards and Aldon CMS/Harmonizer or similar--looking for feedback

Post by Charles Wil » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:07:18

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I have and have made use of Harmonizer in my present position.
I agree it's great.

I'm really looking for specific feedback on how well it works in
conjunction with JD Edwards; which is in use at a company I just
interviewed with.  They currently handle updates from JD Edwards
manually.

Thanks again,
Charles

Quote:> I have used Harmonizer and found that it did a excellent job in