tab delimited file

Post by sisiphu » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:15:30

Is there a way within the AS400 to copy a database file to be tab delimiter
file? CPYTOIMPF command only creates CSV formats.

Thanks in advance for your help

tab delimited file

Post by Mar » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:58:38

>Is there a way within the AS400 to copy a database file to be tab delimiter
>file? CPYTOIMPF command only creates CSV formats.

>Thanks in advance for your help

CSV is a generic term for any delimited file, C does not have to equal comma.

Try FLDDLM(*TAB)

...however, CPYTOIMPF is not one of IBM's better efforts, so after you've been around the
loop a couple of times you might be interested in:

D TAB             C                   CONST(X'05')

Mark.

tab delimited file

Post by Dr. Ugo Gagliardell » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:35:55

> Is there a way within the AS400 to copy a database file to be tab delimiter
> file? CPYTOIMPF command only creates CSV formats.

CPYTOIMPF do what you want using FLDDLM(x'05'). Note that if you run CPYTOIMPF with command prompt, FLDDLM parameter is 3 character wide, so you should place an & (ampersand) character to enlarge.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA?ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome

tab delimited file

Post by sisiphu » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:27:37

Thank you both for your excellent suggestions.
Its doing what we want now.

Joe

1. Tab delimited file on AS400

Does anyone know how to create a tab delimited file on the 400? I've seen
how I could use the cpytostmf command to get a carriage return or a line
feed delimited file, but that just won't do. I need tabs... and the file
needs to originate on the 400. Any ideas???
Regards - Brad Suther

2. Inserted Project

3. How Do I Create A Tab Delimited AS/400 File?

4. HP890 colour problem

5. as400 writing comma delimited file to IFS?

6. 3M Rainbow 2170 Dye Sublimination Printer

7. CPYTOIMPF with delimited file and *EOR

8. Pointer to the combined FAQ of CBIP.wanted and CAM.d

9. generic comma delimited file upload utility?

10. Tab delimeted file transfer

11. creat a tab file

12. Creating Tab Separated file on AS/400 for FTP

13. Comma delimited data stream