Client Access incompatible DLL

Post by DebMatts » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have installed Client Access with NetSoft router.  When I execute PC5250
I get an error somewhat like:  "The application you are about to run,
PCSKTK52.DLL, was designed for a previous version of windows".  I "OK"
through the error and can sign on to the AS400.  I have no other problems
until I exit the application which then causes a "GPF" error.  I was
running PC5250 before upgrading without getting the error.  Any clues?
Where can I get an updated DLL?  We just put on the latest (or so I
thought) PTF's a month or so ago.

Post by Robert Bec » Thu, 04 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> I have installed Client Access with NetSoft router.  When I execute PC5250
> I get an error somewhat like:  "The application you are about to run,
> PCSKTK52.DLL, was designed for a previous version of windows".  I "OK"
> through the error and can sign on to the AS400.  I have no other problems
> until I exit the application which then causes a "GPF" error.  I was
> running PC5250 before upgrading without getting the error.  Any clues?
> Where can I get an updated DLL?  We just put on the latest (or so I
> thought) PTF's a month or so ago.

Strange old error you got back in '95 - it disappeared for a couple of
month but came back on C6058310 and C6060310. IBM have a (guess what) PTF
for it - I can't remember the number. It should also be solved with
C6100310.

Rgds

Client Access incompatible DLL

Post by Max You » Fri, 05 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I have installed Client Access with NetSoft router.  When I execute PC5250
>I get an error somewhat like:  "The application you are about to run,
>PCSKTK52.DLL, was designed for a previous version of windows".  I "OK"
>through the error and can sign on to the AS400.  I have no other problems
>until I exit the application which then causes a "GPF" error.  I was
>running PC5250 before upgrading without getting the error.  Any clues?
>Where can I get an updated DLL?  We just put on the latest (or so I
>thought) PTF's a month or so ago.

I get the same problem starting 5250, but noGPF when exiting.

Pretty much the same setup as you, and no clues as to the problem

I haven't chased it up, as we installed CA/400 on the network (as not
supported by IBM, for some reason) and cannot get 5250 to run AT ALL!
on this setup. I have CA installed locally on my PC and get the
PCSKT52.DLL error.

Max Young

No Help, just Sympathy & Hot Tea

Client Access incompatible DLL

Post by DebMatts » Fri, 05 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Max -

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice to know it isn't just me.  If I find the answer I'll let you know.

We decided to install CA and the NS/router on each PC.  This allows a user
to get access to the AS/400 even though the Server is down.  (Which seems
to be quite frequently lately.)  It also helps to prove to the users that
the AS/400 is more stable than the Servers.  It's very seldom they can use
the excuse that the computer is down so they get to go home.  ;-)

Does your Router session start when you execute PC5250?  We have to start
the router first.  All the other programs like folders and file transfers
auto starts the router but the pc5250 hangs up the whole pc.

- Deb

Post by Mark Fo » Sat, 06 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>I have installed Client Access with NetSoft router.  When I execute PC5250
>I get an error somewhat like:  "The application you are about to run,
>PCSKTK52.DLL, was designed for a previous version of windows".  I "OK"
>through the error and can sign on to the AS400.  I have no other problems
>until I exit the application which then causes a "GPF" error.  I was
>running PC5250 before upgrading without getting the error.  Any clues?
>Where can I get an updated DLL?  We just put on the latest (or so I
>thought) PTF's a month or so ago.

I have also seen this problem on our PCs at work. If you have access
to a PC that hasn't performed the update that causes the problem, you
can simply copy the offending file from it onto the others to avoid
the error message. Since the problem occurred though, we have applied
a PTF that has properly fixed the problem. Unfortunately, I am writing
this from home and don't know which PTF it was! It's probably worth
checking Dial-IBM or loading the latest cumpack.

Mark.

Client Access incompatible DLL

Post by Max You » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Max -

>Thanks for the feedback.

>Nice to know it isn't just me.  If I find the answer I'll let you know.

>Does your Router session start when you execute PC5250?  We have to start
>the router first.  All the other programs like folders and file transfers
>auto starts the router but the pc5250 hangs up the whole pc.

>- Deb

Haven't tried - I always start the router when starting Windows, so
haven't experienced problems with 5250 not starting it. I will try to
remember to give it a try tomorrow & let you know....
Max

Client Access incompatible DLL

Post by DebMatts » Thu, 11 Jul 1996 04:00:00

We copied an older version of the PCSKTK52.DLL from another PC and it
worked.  This will hold us over until we can get the latest PTF's
installed.

Thanks all for your help

1. Client Access and IE4 (W95) incompatible?

Hi,

We have just tried installing IE4 on some machines where Client Access
is used and they seem to cause CA from strarting a terminal emulation
session.

Is this a known problem? Has anybody else come across anything similar
and if so what did you do to fix it? Are there patches for one or the
other available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lee.

2. Kustom 6640 infrared inputs?

3. Calling DLL's from Client Access Emulator

4. X10 "Phase" Coupler

5. Client Access Kernel32.dll problem

6. Portra 400UC, 400VC, 400NC ...

7. ODBC (Client Access 32-bit) and cwbodbc.dll question

8. FP98: Directory Listing Denied message?

9. Difference between CWBODBC.DLL and DB2CLI.DLL

10. EHNAPPC.DLL & EHNWRTR.DLL

11. Client Access Objects 1.5 and Client Access V4R4M0 SF57098 problem

12. Is there a list server for Client Access, Client Access/400

13. PC Client Access V5R2M0 and AS/400 Client Access V3R2M0 compatibility