Is Your Performance Monitor On?

Post by Charles E. Kueh » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

My client is approaching 90% DASD on a 9402-200
I performed RGZPFM city!
I performed an IPL to recover the temp addresses.
Purged hundreds of very old spool files.

I just realized that my client's system was collecting years of
performance information in lib QPFRDATA.  Nice but yuk!

I put that old performance entry on hold.

I saved the performance lib then removed all the members from all the
performance files.  I'll let you know how much we get back.

Post by Buste » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> My client is approaching 90% DASD on a 9402-200
> I performed RGZPFM city!
> I performed an IPL to recover the temp addresses.
> Purged hundreds of very old spool files.

> I just realized that my client's system was collecting years of
> performance information in lib QPFRDATA.  Nice but yuk!

> I put that old performance entry on hold.

> I saved the performance lib then removed all the members from all the
> performance files.  I'll let you know how much we get back.

I was on a 9402-200 at 87%-90% average for awhile.

Funds for disk kept getting put off.

Finally an out of control Query brought the system to 97%.
The operator rushed into my office, and told me.

It took about 30 more seconds for the thing to crash.  No
problems, recovered just fine.  Just an hour of downtime.

Still, my heart sank as I saw the SRC not with it's usual
happy "B N".

Get more disk.  It'll fill up when you least expect it.

Buster
--
  Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.

1. performance monitor

Hi,
It's possible blocked automatic performance monitor, I try but
it run and ask almost a day. But i haven't contract with ibm, so
is necessary stop teh connectio.
How is possible.???

thanks

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

2. Non-expanding list of adressees

3. PERFORMANCE MONITOR

4. executable folder?

5. SQL0107 Errors with Reports from the SQL Performance Monitor (Operations Navigator)

6. The dreaded 80004005 - Visual Interdev 6, SP 4!

7. Performance Monitor - QSYSWRK

8. 3D Stereo with Galileo & Indigo2 Extreme

9. Performance Monitor

10. sql performance monitor

11. Performance Monitor question??

12. Collection Services vs. Performance Monitor