I recently installed service pack SF47544 for CA V3R1M2 and the following is
1. When i start a printer session and printing starts to the session the
printer box pops up and the background is gone. I can't minimize it or move
it and since the black background screen is gone I can't do any other
operation associated with the session.
2. When the printer session is open and I email out of Microsoft ie4.0
internet session the entire session intermitantly locks up.
3. If I have a network drive mapped and a session up and I close the
printer session the entire router closes down.
In short this service pack is loaded with errors.
Will IBM ever get client access to work with windows 95?
To test a service pack I do the following:
1. Start a display session
2. Start a printer session
3. Map a network drive.
4. Start the internet using msie 4.0
5. Print to the printer session.
6. Exit to dos and display a directory of the network drive.
7. return to win95
8. end the internet session
9. end the print session
10 check to see that the router is still working properly
11 run a job on the display session
12 close the display session and end the router.
If a service pack passes these 12 points it will usually be a good one.
I have had one service pack pass the above test and even it would not pass
Why can't IBM do this test before they send out the pack. I know this last
pack will not pass this test.