HELP: PC5250 emulation does not work under TCP/IPwhen Microsoft Proxy client is installed

HELP: PC5250 emulation does not work under TCP/IPwhen Microsoft Proxy client is installed

Post by Stanley Ta » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

We are using Microsoft Proxy Server 1.0 and 2.0 to allow users to access the
Internet from their desktop.  Also, we can connect to an AS/400 using Client
Access for Windows 95 and NS Router (Client Access V3R1M1 and OS/400 V3R2M0).
However, if we try to use TCP/IP, the PC5250 emulation starts and then stops at
a blank screen, with an error code 657 at the bottom.  All other features such
as file transfer and system objects are working fine.

Does anyone experience the same problem?  It is going to be a problem to us
because our plan is to move towards an IP-based network.  Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Stanley

HELP: PC5250 emulation does not work under TCP/IPwhen Microsoft Proxy client is installed

Post by Mike McIntir » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

This is a common problem that everyone seems to encounter.  If you check the
postings on the newsgroup you will find the identical question several times.

 Look for a file called HOSTS in the windows directory.  Add an entry to it for
your AS400.

1. Help: Microsoft Proxy Client KILLS Client Access 5250 Emulation

We're currently accessing our AS/400 system via Client Access 95/NT
(with the latest service pack).  We're connecting via TCP/IP on a
local network.

I recently installed Microsoft Proxy Server on our NT Server 4.0 to
allow distributed internet access accross the LAN.

Web browsers have PROXY support built in, but in order to use a
newsreader, pop-mail client, or other winsock application, you must
install the Microsoft Proxy Client to go through the proxy server.

After doing this, the Personal Communications 5250 emulation no longer
works.  Shared Folders Access, Graphical Access, etc. all still
function normally, but I can never get a PComm 5250 session up.  I
just get the "--\--/__657" error in the terminal window.

Any insight to what may be causing this is appreciated.

2. OE Errors - Help

3. STRPCCMD should not work but does; RUNRMTCMD should work but does not

4. Begining questions

5. Microsoft Excel to Virtual Printer does not work

6. What kind of terminator for Microtek ScanMaker E3 ???

7. CA/400 Client for Windows 3.1 - Does not work after latest PTF Cume Package

8. mysql-test-run --external?

9. Client Access 400 + Netsoft Router does not work???!!

10. Verify alignment in Client access does not work

11. Client Access and Microsoft Proxy Server

12. STRHOSTSVR in QSTRUP does not work properly

13. How disconect a user when he does not work