TCPIP Printer - Specifying form type

Post by 101362... » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have an outq configured for a laser printer where I am routing the
entries over a network to the printer's IP address. I am on an AS400
at release V3R7.
My output successfully reaches the printer but it always stops
printing on a printer message to load form type 'Letter'. I then have
to override this at the printer for each page in the report so that it
prints on A4.

Is there any way to tell the printer that the AS400 reports can print
on A4. I have tried changing the form type on the AS400 with no
success.

Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming an irritation.

Thanks

Mary

TCPIP Printer - Specifying form type

Post by Elie AAR » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have exactly the same Pb.

Please help us!!!!!
Thanks a lot.

Elie

TCPIP Printer - Specifying form type

Post by Joachim Keuleman » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Check this IBM site....

You need to create a workstation customized object....

http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/bookmgr.cmd/BOOKS/Q...

Success....
Joachim Keulemans

TCPIP Printer - Specifying form type

Post by Charles-André Bélange » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Try changing your printer file....

> I have exactly the same Pb.

> Please help us!!!!!
> Thanks a lot.

> Elie

TCPIP Printer - Specifying form type

Post by Anton Gombk?t » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Mary,

first of all check out, whether you can select *WSCSTA4 for parameter
MFRTYPMDL.
If you cannot, i'm a bit overquestioned, but i think you need PTFs then.

If you can, you've almost won!

Note the value that you have in MFRTYPMDL now, i assume HPIII in this
example.

RTVWSCST DEVTYPE(*TRANSFORM)
         MFRTYPMDL(*HPIII)        <-- state here the value from MFRTYPMDL
from your outq
         SRCMBR(HPIII)
         SRCFILE(QGPL/QTXTSRC)

CRTWSCST WSCST(QGPL/HPIII)
         SRCFILE(QGPL/QTXTSRC)

and then you can create the outq with

CRTOUTQ
        MFRTYPMDL(*WSCSTA4)
        WSCST(QGPL/HPIII)

This works on V4R2 with*PTF level 8140.

Good luck!

Anton Gombk?t?
AS Software
Vienna, Austria, Europe

Quote:>I have an outq configured for a laser printer where I am routing the
>entries over a network to the printer's IP address. I am on an AS400
>at release V3R7.
>My output successfully reaches the printer but it always stops
>printing on a printer message to load form type 'Letter'. I then have
>to override this at the printer for each page in the report so that it
>prints on A4.

>Is there any way to tell the printer that the AS400 reports can print
>on A4. I have tried changing the form type on the AS400 with no
>success.

>Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming an irritation.

>Thanks

>Mary

TCPIP Printer - Specifying form type

Post by Rob Kamphui » Fri, 14 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi Mary,

If you use TCP/IP socket printing, specify *A4 for option PPRSRC1 and
PPRSRC2.
If you print to an outq create a WSCST. Look for the :PAGSIZE label and
change PAGWTH and PAGLEN to the appropriate A4 values (in 1440ths of an
inch).

Regards,
Rob

Quote:> I have an outq configured for a laser printer where I am routing the
> entries over a network to the printer's IP address. I am on an AS400
> at release V3R7.
> My output successfully reaches the printer but it always stops
> printing on a printer message to load form type 'Letter'. I then have
> to override this at the printer for each page in the report so that it
> prints on A4.

> Is there any way to tell the printer that the AS400 reports can print
> on A4. I have tried changing the form type on the AS400 with no
> success.

> Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming an irritation.

> Thanks

> Mary

1. Printer requesting input on form type change

Hello.  I know there is a way to stop this from happening when you start the
writer on the printer.  But programming wise, how can this be fixed?  Is the
only solution to change all of the print files on a printer to one form
type?  This network printer was recently installed and now we use the same
paper size for all prints.  (Previously we would change the form type)...
Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

--
Support anti-Spam legislation.
Join the fight http://www.cauce.org/

2. os/2 Warp Printer Driver wanted.

3. Help, "Load form type..."

4. Formatting the output of the DOMDocument

5. Current form type

6. Dependency Management and OOD

7. Getting rid of load form type *STD message

8. what does this equal?

9. Printing - Switching Paper Source Drawer Based on Form Type

10. HP 5M TCPIP form printing

11. 3270-Printer Emulation for LU Type 3 Printer

12. CA95, TCPIP, NT4.0, v3r6 and Dos Random Type 2 File Transfer

13. Lexmark 4226 Top of Form problem and printer Access control problem