SNDTCPSPLF, want to retain user id from Box-a to Box-b

SNDTCPSPLF, want to retain user id from Box-a to Box-b

Post by Jack Kingsl » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:24:46

Is there a way to keep the ID intact or am I stuck with QTMPLPD??  I
see a DESTOPT parm put I am not sure if this will allow me to keep the
ID intact.

Post by Per Kristens » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:24:52

> Is there a way to keep the ID intact or am I stuck with QTMPLPD??  I
> see a DESTOPT parm put I am not sure if this will allow me to keep the
> ID intact.

The owner of the spooled file on the recieving system will be the
userprofile,
that runs the SNDTCPSPLF. Therefore the solution will be to change the
job to
run under the user profile of the spooled file owner before the
SNDTCPSPLF command. It can be done with the QSYGETPH and QWTSETP api
programs. Return to the first user profile after running the
SNDTCPSPLF command.

Regards
Per Kristensen

SNDTCPSPLF, want to retain user id from Box-a to Box-b

Post by Tim » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:50:50

Specify the DESTTYP(*AS400) and TRANSFORM(*NO) parameters on the SNDTSPSPLF
and/or LPR command

This will result in a spool file being created on the target AS/400 that is
essentially identical to the spool file from the source system. The spooled
file will be created with the same spool file name and user id but will be
placed in a special job called nnnnnn/user-id/QPRTJOB

Note that you can use SNDTCPSPLF RMTSYS(LOCALHOST) as a quick and dirty way
to duplicate a spool file.

Quote:> Is there a way to keep the ID intact or am I stuck with QTMPLPD??  I

Post by Jack Kingsl » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:52:45

> Specify the DESTTYP(*AS400) and TRANSFORM(*NO) parameters on the SNDTSPSPLF
> and/or LPR command

> This will result in a spool file being created on the target AS/400 that is
> essentially identical to the spool file from the source system. The spooled
> file will be created with the same spool file name and user id but will be
> placed in a special job called nnnnnn/user-id/QPRTJOB

> Note that you can use SNDTCPSPLF RMTSYS(LOCALHOST) as a quick and dirty way
> to duplicate a spool file.

> > Is there a way to keep the ID intact or am I stuck with QTMPLPD??  I
> > see a DESTOPT parm put I am not sure if this will allow me to keep the
> > ID intact.

Is there a way to do it with API's??

SNDTCPSPLF, want to retain user id from Box-a to Box-b

Post by Tim » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 22:46:54

To do what with API's?

Why do you need an API at all?

> > Specify the DESTTYP(*AS400) and TRANSFORM(*NO) parameters on the
SNDTSPSPLF
> > and/or LPR command

> > This will result in a spool file being created on the target AS/400 that
is
> > essentially identical to the spool file from the source system. The
spooled
> > file will be created with the same spool file name and user id but will
be
> > placed in a special job called nnnnnn/user-id/QPRTJOB

> > Note that you can use SNDTCPSPLF RMTSYS(LOCALHOST) as a quick and dirty
way
> > to duplicate a spool file.

> > > Is there a way to keep the ID intact or am I stuck with QTMPLPD??  I
> > > see a DESTOPT parm put I am not sure if this will allow me to keep the
> > > ID intact.

> Is there a way to do it with API's??

1. How to sync a system clock of a NT-box with a OS/400 V5R1 box?

Dear AS/400 gurus,

How can I synchronize the system clocks of a NT-box and a OS/400 V5R1
box?

A network engineer of our company and I were tinking of using the TCP/IP
servce ntp, but I could not find a configuration tool for that service
on the OS/400 cfgtcp menu.

Can someone on the group help me with this, just to satisfy our
customer? I have told me I do not know, and had send him back in the
'drak cloud of no knowledge'.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

2. SuperPaint 2.0 troubles... (BUG?)

3. Want new emulation software to use with an Andrews Datalynx/400 box

4. Agent for Attachments

5. getting User ID and WS ID in module

6. how to invert the extrusion direction

7. I dont want the users change the Client Access workstation id

8. hp95lx with WorldPort 2400 modem

9. OS400 <-> AS/36 file transfers (in the same box)

10. IBM2390 connected via a MarkNet box

11. Upgrade from V3r1 on F10 to V3r6 on 9402 RISC box

12. Configuring a MarkNet Token Ring box & HP Laserjet 8000

13. Workstation 5250 trimming box