Are you running Perl Scripts on your iSeries V5 System?

Are you running Perl Scripts on your iSeries V5 System?

Post by laborke » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:25:07

I need some pointers on how to get Perl working on my AS/400 so I can run
scripts.
I do have the Perl5 ZIP file that I just un-zipped into my root of the IFS,
and not sure what I need to do next.  This is a pretty basic website that is
internal
to my company, and I need to add a Calendar function so team members can
update there vacation schedules, projects etc.  The website is in a share
called web400
and doing a http://systemname will execute the index.htm in this share.

If you are familiar with what needs to be done, please send an email to:
k4kal at arrl dot com
We just lost our Webmaster and I am struggling with this.

Thanks,
Keith

Are you running Perl Scripts on your iSeries V5 System?

Post by K.Iked » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:00:32

Have you already install Perl object Library from CPAN site ?

http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/README.html

You have to get Perl bin code for iSeries400.

1. Can you create DLL files from Perl scripts?

I'm still thinking about my problem of disguising a perl script. Does
anyone know if/how you can turn a script into a DLL (or even a .so)
that could then be called from a wrapper script?

Is it possible to do this so that I can just say "use Script" (where
"Script" is the DLL/.so) in my wrapper script?

I'm using ActivePerl on Windows 95 at present so I don't know whether
this means I can/can't use .so files.

Any help gratefully received.

Mark

2. Extending VR260 cable on a VAXstation II

3. Executing Perl scripts on AS/400 Web Server

4. TELES DMC toolkit programming. HELP please!

5. How do you run Perl CGI scripts on AS400?

6. Ltrim

7. Running 'remote commands' on a system running OS400

8. VueScan and Pacific Image PF3600Pro

9. System hangs after validating 3.12 logon and before processing scripts

10. Running Perl on the 400 and reading from a script in the IFS.

11. Why is my ILE Perl Program not running

12. ANNOUNCE: Mailing list for Perl on the AS/400 (eServer iSeries)

13. Problem running perl script on a AS/400 (V3R2M0)