SELECT fails using interactive SQL from iSeries to remote linux UDB V7.1

SELECT fails using interactive SQL from iSeries to remote linux UDB V7.1

Post by Knut Ber » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:09:02

Hi,
when we upgraded our AS/400 to iSeries, I'm not able to run "select" any
more accessing a linux server (db2 v71 workgroup ed).
I can connect and even run Create Table, but select fails with error:
Data exception - SQLSTATE 22522, SQLCODE -189.
This probably has something to do with the CCSID, but I've tried to change
it for my job from 65535 (*sysval) to 277 (Norwegian) and 37.  None of them
made things work.  This did the "trick" using OS400 v4r4, so I'm a bit
puzzled now on how to solve this on release 5r1.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Regards
Knut

1. remote command from iSeries to Linux

Greetings, All.

I have some experience using the RUNRMTCMD on iSeries and cwbrxd on
Windows to make an iSeries program execute a Windows program.  Now, I
want to make an iSeries program execute a program on Linux.  What fine
manual(s) should I read?

TIA.

Terry.
Available for contract programming.

2. Forum56 - Modem BBS

3. SSP 7.5 Upgrade from SSP 7.1

4. WHERE IS THE MONEY ?

5. JDE Upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2

6. sde-gcc vs linux

7. Newbie needs help on connecting DB2 Connect PE V7.1 to AS/400

8. creating table using sql select

9. Using Interactive SQL to delete rows

10. substring update of field using interactive SQL

11. ** iSeries Full Text Indexing - UDB Text Extenders **

12. Remote writer unable to select page to print ?