Migrate DB2 from iSeries to Linux DB2

Post by pico » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 04:36:44

Hello,

we want to move our databases from ibm iseries maschines to linux db2 databases.
does someone did that before?
Has someone a hint to do that in an easy automatic way?

regards.

Migrate DB2 from iSeries to Linux DB2

Post by Kent Milliga » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:17:13

Automatic, easy way would be using DB2 DataPropagator product.
--
Kent Milligan, DB2 & BI team
PartnerWorld for Developers, iSeries

Quote:>>> www.iseries.ibm.com/db2

(opinions stated are not necessarily those of my employer)

1. db2/400 server db2 linux client problem

Hello!

I am using an AS/400 as a server to a Linux machine running the db2 V6.1
evaluation version and was having problems with a remote connection. I
have added the node and database to the catalog on the linux machine but
when I try to connect I get the following error:

db2 => connect to DAP001A user djweis
Enter current password for djweis:
SQL30082N  Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "0"
("NOT SPECIFIED").  SQLSTATE=08001
db2 =>

This occurs whether I set authentication to server or client, but on
either, it still validates my password on the local machine before
checking with the 400. My username and password are identical on both
machines. They are communicating over tcpip, x3270 between them works.

Thanks for any help!

djweis

--
David Weis                | 10520 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50322

When they took the Fourth Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the Sixth Amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.
When they took the Second Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a gun.
Now they've taken the First Amendment and I can't say anything.

2. SMS 2.0 Query for Microsoft Access 2000

3. Help needed on DB2 and DB2/400

4. Modeler

5. Visualage RPG and other DB2 database (not DB2/400) ?

6. Screen Saver: STARSTRK

7. Newbie DB2 but not on AS400 - Cross posted in DB2 Forum

8. Come in Site 'B'. Do you read?

9. DB2/400 version vs other DB2 products

10. DB2 Connect, DB2 APIs

11. DB2/400 to DB2(NT)...Can't locate Transaction Processing Pgm

12. problem with replication between DB2 NT --> DB2 AS/400