Notice: False Review on Amazon.com of e-RPG book

Notice: False Review on Amazon.com of e-RPG book

Post by Bradley V. Ston » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

This mail is to inform everyone that a review of my e-RPG book that
says is by Al Barsa is false, and was not posted by Al Barsa or are
these his views in the least bit.  The link is:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ts/book-customer-
reviews/1583470085/002-7082495-2949663

The review is as follows:

--- begin quote ---
"Reviewer: Al Barsa from USA
Maybe I expected more, but this book really did not provide a very good
insight into the complexities of building e-commerce.
Rather it seemed to promote what could be done with RPG Programming
Language and suggest this was sufficient.
The book requires a leap of faith to believe that what is delivered is
a good solution. There is no justification to the approach apart from
that the programming language is RPG and the implication is RPG is
good.
Hopefully the AS/400 programming community will ignore this book and
build real e-commerce solutions"
----- end of quote -----

I have been in contact with Al and he wants it to be known that he did
not post this.  Al is in London right now visiting family and can't
post to this list, so he wanted me to pass along this information.  He
will confirm this message on the Midrange-L mailing list as soon as he
returns.

If anyone has any contacts at Amazon and can help us find the IP
address of the person that posted this, or to simply get it removed, it
would be a great help.  We are working to get this review removed as
well, as it is no doubt a joke in very poor taste that doesn't help the
book, Al, myself, or the AS/400 community as a whole.

Thanks,
Brad

--
Bradley V. Stone
BVS/Tools - www.bvstools.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Notice: False Review on Amazon.com of e-RPG book

Post by Osca » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Brad:

FWIW, We bought your book at the office and I liked it a lot. I can't wait
to get some time and start testing out some of the things you explain. It
all seems pretty straight forward. After all it's just ones and zero's
isn't it ?

Oscar