Java classes and jar files

Post by Glenn Robinso » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:09:32

Hello,

I have written a small java utility consisting of 4 classes which I have
added to a jar file.

I use iSeries Navigator to run the java programs required from the jar file.
This allow works fine.

My questions is as follows: Of the 4 classes in the jar file only 2 have a
main method. From the drop down box iNav shows all 4 classes, is there a way
to restrict which classes are viewable so the user can't try and execute one
of the classes that aren't executable?

Thanks

Glenn

Java classes and jar files

Post by jack4.. » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 04:00:48

Glenn, do you have then in the IFS??  If so might try changing the authority on
them maybe using CHGAUT.

> Hello,

> I have written a small java utility consisting of 4 classes which I have
> added to a jar file.

> I use iSeries Navigator to run the java programs required from the jar file.
> This allow works fine.

> My questions is as follows: Of the 4 classes in the jar file only 2 have a
> main method. From the drop down box iNav shows all 4 classes, is there a way
> to restrict which classes are viewable so the user can't try and execute one
> of the classes that aren't executable?

> Thanks

> Glenn

1. Java: executeing jar files...

I'm sure that I'm missing something obvious, but how do you
execute a jar file?

Cheers,
Simon B.
With Microsoft, failure is not an option. It comes bundled.

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

2. Using etherInputHookAdd

3. iSeries Access for Web / iText.jar / webaccess.jar / PDF / AFP Spool

4. hover buttons crashing browser

5. What the difference between jt400.jar and jt400Native.jar???

6. What does 'interface speeds up to 115,200' mean ??

7. Java jar error when called from CLP

8. Account Permissions

9. IFS ZIP File With Java Classes Need help on ??

10. Java Toolkit - Conversion classes: setting properties at design time

11. Classpath for jar files

12. Using jar to compress files

13. JAR Files in IFS