Disk removal from AS400

Post by Neil Allis » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have a requirement to remove two 2Gb disks from a series 300 9406
(currently has 18Gb installed).
Could somebody please send me detailed steps on how to remove the
disks (meaning how to migrate the data on to other disk units).

This is fairly urgent and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Neil Allison

|Don't try to teach a cow to sing. It annoys the cow and wastes your time!!!|
|___________________________________________________________________________|

Disk removal from AS400

Post by Krister Nilss » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have done this once on our D35 and it was no problem.
Do a manual IPL and somewhere on the DST menu there will be an option
that says remove a disk-unit. When you do this the machine will copy
the data on this disk-unit to the others and the disk-unit will be
non-configured.
As I said it worked on our machine and I think it will work on yours
to but take a total backup before you do this.

Quote:>I have a requirement to remove two 2Gb disks from a series 300 9406

--
Svensk Hamndata AB
Krister Nilsson

1. Carriage Return Removal on ASCII downloaded files

I have download an AS/400 Physical File into ASCII PC, I need to remove the
Carriage returns from this ASCII file so all of the records would be in one
string of data.

Any ideas, I know this is not a usual question but we have our reasons.

Thanks...

2. IPX

3. DASD removal

4. Matrox Millenium and Cursor Response

5. Removal of damaged object

6. Green & purple screen. Please help!

7. TCPIP Printing - Removal Of Header & Trailer

8. Toshiba 3601b

9. Symmetrix V IBM Disk V IPL Disk

10. Disk Image of Novell Integration Disk

11. Help: Hard disk problems with disk model 6607

12. Help: Running out of disk space on as400

13. Determining AS400 disk space and memory