OVRDBF

Post by Sean Sh » Fri, 08 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I'm trying to use OVRDBF to emulate "link" on UNIX. I wrote a small
program (in ILE C) with 'open' statement for testing its funtionality,
and it works!  But then I applied that to another much larger and
complex program (also in ILE C), it failed.  This program uses
commitment control, _Ropen, and links many modules like COBOL,
CL program. What's wrong?

BTW, what is IFS ?

TKX.

OVRDBF

Post by The TEAMIBM Netwo » Sat, 09 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>> I'm trying to use OVRDBF to emulate "link" on UNIX. I wrote a small

program (in ILE C) with 'open' statement for testing its funtionality,
and it works!  But then I applied that to another much larger and
complex program (also in ILE C), it failed.  This program uses
commitment control, _Ropen, and links many modules like COBOL,
CL program. What's wrong? <<

You may need to specify on the OVRDBF the parm/value: OVRSCOPE(*JOB)
instead of using the default of OVRSCOPE(*ACTGRPDFN)

Chuck Pence

1. OVRDBF to override the output file

I want to use OVRDBF to override the output file in a RUNQRY command.  It
works for input files but not output?  If you can't do this is there another
way to do this?

I have several environments which use different data libraries but which I
want to use the same query library. I want to over-ride the input and output
files dependant upon the environment I am using.

Cheers

Richard Dyson

2. could burn cds, now get buffer underrun

3. Accessing different members in SQL/400 without OVRDBF

4. Loadskf for DOS or NT?

5. OVRDBF question

6. What is a "gubernator" ?

7. SQL Triggers and OVRDBF SHARE(*YES) (SE07594)

8. Wallpaper Settings

9. Sequential Record Blocking on OVRDBF command

10. NBRRCDS or SEQONLY in OVRDBF?

11. Reading LF within RPG with OVRDBF

12. CL OVRDBF command

13. ILE CL - C/400 ovrdbf(stdout) creates multiple spool files