OS4000 v4r5 and windows 2000 sp3

Post by Clement » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:04:49

I have as400 system with os400 v4r5 and pc client access express v4r5 wirh
so w2k sp2.
The as400 works as file server through NetServer.

Under this conditions everything works fine.

We have just updated the pc clients to w2k sp3.

After that the clients has problems to create new folders and files of any
type in the server.
The control access parameters looks like no tot work properly.

I would appreciate some information abou it.

Thanks a lot and best regards.

Clemente.

Post by Bill Z Bub » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:31:44

> I have as400 system with os400 v4r5 and pc client access express v4r5
> wirh so w2k sp2.
> The as400 works as file server through NetServer.

> Under this conditions everything works fine.

> We have just updated the pc clients to w2k sp3.

> After that the clients has problems to create new folders and files
> of any type in the server.
> The control access parameters looks like no tot work properly.

Are you sure it was updated to SP3?  I do believe that SP4 was just
released and there were numerous problems with many installs after
updating.

Bill

OS4000 v4r5 and windows 2000 sp3

Post by RT » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:49:29

Bug

1. Stop the netserver.  On the command line issue the ENDTCPSVR *NETSVR
command. Note this will end all of the users connections.

2. Create the following file share for netserver through Ops Nav.

The file share name should be QZLSMUX$ and the path can be set to /QIBM

Leave the other parameters as default.

3. Start the netserver. On the command line issue the STRTCPSVR *NETSVR

Quote:> I have as400 system with os400 v4r5 and pc client access express v4r5 wirh
> so w2k sp2.
> The as400 works as file server through NetServer.

> Under this conditions everything works fine.

> We have just updated the pc clients to w2k sp3.

> After that the clients has problems to create new folders and files of any
> type in the server.
> The control access parameters looks like no tot work properly.

> I would appreciate some information abou it.

> Thanks a lot and best regards.

> Clemente.

1. IFS shared folders and Windows 2000 SP3

Since installing W2K SP3, MS Office documents stored on the As400 in
IFS shared folders will only open in 'Read only' mode adn cannot be
edited.
It's not a problem on machines with SP2 and user authorities have not
been changed. Anyone any ideas?
Thanx, Stu

2. Backup solutions

3. OS/400 V4R5 and Windows 2000 Server

4. PowerBook 100 -- Sleeping Difficulties (report)

5. Problems with resizing V4R5 client access session screen on Windows 2000 machines

6. Imagen controller (Steve/Printworks???)

7. Windows 2000

8. Mutt eats my sig!

9. Windows 2000 printing to twinax printer

10. Client Access and Windows 2000

11. Windows 2000 & NTFS problem.

12. InfoPrint 60 and Windows 2000

13. ODBC driver (CA) and windows 2000