Can not start HTTP server

Post by Ian Patterso » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 00:38:39

I have a new AS/400 (V5.1)
Everytime I start the http server (either from command line or Ops
navigator) the job immediately ends with a CEE0200 message which
states:
Job terminated because job is capable of having multiple threads & the
application has issued an exit(), abort(), or their equivalent API's,
and exception is not handled, or a return from main() has
occurred....etc etc.
This occurs whether I start the instance of ADMIN or ALL.
I have not modified the example HTTP config file, and the TCP config
params do not specify a host or domain name.
Any ideas ?

Many thanks
Ian Patterson

Can not start HTTP server

Post by Will » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:51:31

this may help:
http://mainframeforum.com/archive/1041/2002/5/211917

Will

Quote:> I have a new AS/400 (V5.1)
> Everytime I start the http server (either from command line or Ops
> navigator) the job immediately ends with a CEE0200 message which
> states:
> Job terminated because job is capable of having multiple threads & the
> application has issued an exit(), abort(), or their equivalent API's,
> and exception is not handled, or a return from main() has
> occurred....etc etc.
> This occurs whether I start the instance of ADMIN or ALL.
> I have not modified the example HTTP config file, and the TCP config
> params do not specify a host or domain name.
> Any ideas ?

> Many thanks
> Ian Patterson

Can not start HTTP server

Post by Gil » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:24:59

I am having a related problem too.  I can start the HTTP server, but
when using my web browser, I can not access the HTML page.  I get a
message saying : "The connection was refused when attempting  to connect
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

I am not an expert, but I would appreciate any insight to this.  I did
have HTML pages work before, but now it not working.  I have not made
any changes to the system values or settings.  I would hate to think the
recent PTFs loaded have changed something.  The system was power down
and restarted before I try to restart the HTTP server.  We are at V5.1.

Thank you all for your help!

Gil