Joblogs from signoff

Post by ste.. » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Greetings:
Whenever we end a workstation session here, we get a joblog that
generates the following messages:
MSGID      TYPE                    SEV
CPF1124    Information             00
CPI8905    Information             00
CPC8901    Completion              00
CPF1164    Completion              00

None of these messages are of any importance and the
job logs are a nuisance to delete.

Can anybody tell me how to suppress these job logs
when a workstation is ended with severity 00
messages.

Thanks,
Steve

Joblogs from signoff

Post by John Walte » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Greetings:
>Whenever we end a workstation session here, we get a joblog that
>generates the following messages:
>MSGID      TYPE                    SEV
>CPF1124    Information             00
>CPI8905    Information             00
>CPC8901    Completion              00
>CPF1164    Completion              00

>None of these messages are of any importance and the
>job logs are a nuisance to delete.

>Can anybody tell me how to suppress these job logs
>when a workstation is ended with severity 00
>messages.

>Thanks,
>Steve

Change the LOG parameters of the job description that the interactive jobs
are running under.  Changing the message severity to something more than
'00' should do the trick.

See the CHGJOBD command.

Joblogs from signoff

Post by Peter R Rowl » Tue, 10 Sep 1996 04:00:00

On the job descriptions we use for our interactive jobs, we always specify

        LOG(4 00 *NOLIST) LOGCLPGM(*YES)

What this gives us is -everything- if the job bombs, or -nothing (no job log) -
if the job completes normally.

Works for me!

Peter