cross reference file error

Post by gari » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:32:12

Hi,

I attempted to upgrade the OS of my 720 to V4R5 from V4R4 but during the
upgrade the OS400 extended base support was not loaded due to a cross
reference file error.  Thus IBM recommend that I runa  RCLSTG *DBXREF to
correct the problem.  I did try to do that three times!  The first two try
was not completed because I only have Sat and Sun for the downtime and IBM
claims that it needs more time to finish.  I was then able to get a 5 day
window (with lots of angry users of course).  The fourth day I was
suspicious that there was something wrong with the reclaim stroage but IBM
claims that it is normal.  On the 5th day they finally agreed that the
rclstg may be looping or stopped processing.

Now I am back to where I started.

the machine is currently up and running but the extended base support is
still not installed.

Any suggestions?

what is the probability that my machine will crash unexpectedly?

so far IBM has not given me any finding and updates since they've retrieved
the
logs and dumps. And they informed me the they will be sending it to
Australia
and Rochester to be analysed (as it I care where they send those stuff, I am
only concerned if they can fix the problem!).  It has been more than a week
now since I heard from them.

thanks,
garic

cross reference file error

Post by Jan Rocksted » Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:18:41

I hade problem with my cross ref file. V4R5M0

The rclstf *dbxref din't work for my.

A IPL will recreat the cross file.

Regards Jan Rockstedt

Quote:> Hi,

> I attempted to upgrade the OS of my 720 to V4R5 from V4R4 but during the
> upgrade the OS400 extended base support was not loaded due to a cross
> reference file error.  Thus IBM recommend that I runa  RCLSTG *DBXREF to
> correct the problem.  I did try to do that three times!  The first two try
> was not completed because I only have Sat and Sun for the downtime and IBM
> claims that it needs more time to finish.  I was then able to get a 5 day
> window (with lots of angry users of course).  The fourth day I was
> suspicious that there was something wrong with the reclaim stroage but IBM
> claims that it is normal.  On the 5th day they finally agreed that the
> rclstg may be looping or stopped processing.

> Now I am back to where I started.

> the machine is currently up and running but the extended base support is
> still not installed.

> Any suggestions?

> what is the probability that my machine will crash unexpectedly?

> so far IBM has not given me any finding and updates since they've
retrieved
> the
> logs and dumps. And they informed me the they will be sending it to
> Australia
> and Rochester to be analysed (as it I care where they send those stuff, I
am
> only concerned if they can fix the problem!).  It has been more than a
week
> now since I heard from them.

> thanks,
> garic

1. System cross reference file & V3R1

How about the QADBIFLD file and associated PF's and LF's?
Do I need the the QADBIFLD? Do I need the QAPGZCOL (or what is's name)
huge logical in QIWS? Does anyone have experience reorganising these files?

On our test machine the QADBIFLD has 1.7 million records and about 200,000 deleted ones.
in the next few months we expect to upgrade our system-test machine to V3R1.We expect the
QADBIFLD to contain about 3 mill records, occupying approx. 2.5 GB of dasd (including LF's).

I like the AS/400 but why do I have to suffer a penalty for each database related action I
perform in V3R1.

2. WIN95 SCSI Driver for Canon BJC820?

3. cross reference database file - can i modify it?

4. Out of Town Businesses on Local Numbers?

5. Any way to reference a field reference file from SQL?

6. Eshell

7. Cross Reference Files

8. Q: Corba introduction

9. Correcting errors in the system database cross reference

10. AIX to OS/400 command cross reference?

11. unix to as/400 cross reference?

12. Program cross-reference utility

13. Cross Reference Tools