Error: 5403 - License Management failed with return code 14 or 0E

Error: 5403 - License Management failed with return code 14 or 0E

Post by Thomas Mun » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello folks,

We have a few old installations of both Client Access for Dos (PCS) and
Client Access for Windows (CAWIN). In the past two days we have seen the
error "5403: License Management failed with return code xx" during sign-on
where xx is either 0E in PCS or 14 in CAWIN. The help file says "Internal
problems - Contact a service technician". At least the PCS installation has
been updated regulary by PCSUPDT.

Does anybody know this problem - and maybe what to do?

If so, please respond also by e-mail.

Thanks,
Thomas Munk
Brandtex A/S
Denmark

Error: 5403 - License Management failed with return code 14 or 0E

Post by James Mart » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

We are getting the exact same problem. I have just installed the
latest CUME tape C8048320 for V3R2 and I also installed the latest
service pack SF46059. In addition to this problem I also am getting CA
users that cannot connect anymore. Sure could use some insight!

Quote:>Hello folks,

>We have a few old installations of both Client Access for Dos (PCS) and
>Client Access for Windows (CAWIN). In the past two days we have seen the
>error "5403: License Management failed with return code xx" during sign-on
>where xx is either 0E in PCS or 14 in CAWIN. The help file says "Internal
>problems - Contact a service technician". At least the PCS installation has
>been updated regulary by PCSUPDT.

>Does anybody know this problem - and maybe what to do?

>If so, please respond also by e-mail.

>Thanks,
>Thomas Munk
>Brandtex A/S
>Denmark

James Martin

Error: 5403 - License Management failed with return code 14 or 0E

Post by Ken Rok » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

On the latest V3R2 cume PTF tape, C8048320, PTF 5763SS1 SF45949 is
defective.  It affects the License Manager, and will cause twinax-
connected PCs running Windows 3.1 to not connect.  The router job on
the system will show CPF0C4A, "The product record requested for
product 5763XY1 option BASE load CODE cannot be found for release
ALL".  The PTF is immediate and temporary, and I was able to safely
remove it with RMVPTF.  The PCs connected properly after that.  You
may have to try reconnecting a couple of times, and make sure all jobs
associated with the previous connection attempts have ended.

1. CWBLM0011 License Management Error (huh?)

Anyone know how to get rid of this error?

I get it when trying to start PC5250 session with AS/400 A, but not with
AS/400 B.  Other people don't get it when connecting to AS/400 A or B.

Environment -- Win2K, Client Access Express (both clean installs -- no
upgrades)
                        Both connections using vanilla TCP/IP

I'm stumped....

2. Peer re-install, says invalid Internet Address!?

3. HELP! Client access 5403 liscense problem!!!

4. Definitions of Types of Testing - FFIEC

5. CWBLM0010 - The license request failed

6. BBCS software.

7. REPOST - CWBLM0010 - The license request failed - HELP!

8. WANTED! Keyboard and Monitor cable

9. Printing AFP on 13 inch paper on 14 inch drawer on a 4028 twinax Printer

10. FS: AS400 14-port Active UTP Repeater

11. RPG400 Prog to Proj Mgr, 14 jobs!, $40-70,000, D.O.E.

12. US-NJ AS/400 RPG 14 months +, get SAP experience

13. NEW/SEALED LAN SW $14 EACH