testtrac.com

Post by Matt » Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:11:48

Has anyone used testtrac.com to study for a test?
I am studying for the iseries command operations 356 test. I have been
using the as400 for about 4 years now. I am studying using Steve
Murrays study guide, the ibm web site, the objectives, and the system
itself.

I took the test for it on the testtrac.com web site and failed. I was
very suprised since I felt fairly confident about 90% of the
questions. The results said I received a 58%. So it is saying I missed
something like 28 questions out of 66. I find that highly unlikely.

I have been reviewing the questions from the test and have looked up
about half of them. According to what the books, system, and the ibm
web site say, I have only missed 6 (this includis the ones I could not
verify) so far.

Now, on the bottom of the results page below the objective scoring it
does have a note that says:

The object-level analysis reflects the raw score of each individual
learning/certificate objective. The objective-level scores may not sum
up to 100% if some of the questions on the test apply to mutliple
objectives.

So maybe that has somethnig to do with it? But it still says I missed
28.

Has anyone else taken a test from them before? What have been your
results?

testtrac.com

Post by Jim Thedor » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:42:57

I had taken the testrac tests in the past for both IBM Sales & IBM
Technical. I am afraid to say that the results that I saw were correct and
the type of questions are those that ended up on the test..

In the Technical on testtrac I got around and 88 and the same on my IBM
test. On the Sales I barely passed the testtrac, and then barely passed the
IBM test.

Jim

Quote:> Has anyone used testtrac.com to study for a test?
> I am studying for the iseries command operations 356 test. I have been
> using the as400 for about 4 years now. I am studying using Steve
> Murrays study guide, the ibm web site, the objectives, and the system
> itself.

> I took the test for it on the testtrac.com web site and failed. I was
> very suprised since I felt fairly confident about 90% of the
> questions. The results said I received a 58%. So it is saying I missed
> something like 28 questions out of 66. I find that highly unlikely.

> I have been reviewing the questions from the test and have looked up
> about half of them. According to what the books, system, and the ibm
> web site say, I have only missed 6 (this includis the ones I could not
> verify) so far.

> Now, on the bottom of the results page below the objective scoring it
> does have a note that says:

> The object-level analysis reflects the raw score of each individual
> learning/certificate objective. The objective-level scores may not sum
> up to 100% if some of the questions on the test apply to mutliple
> objectives.

> So maybe that has somethnig to do with it? But it still says I missed
> 28.

> Has anyone else taken a test from them before? What have been your
> results?

testtrac.com

Post by Matt Scof » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:27:37

Oh well, I guess I just need to study more.

Can anyone help me with the questions that I am not able to verify? If
so, please send me an e-mail. I will send you the questions.

Thanks

testtrac.com

Post by RT » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:55:55

I used testrac years ago when the cert requirements first started. I found
it to be fairly indicative of the actual tests and accurate.

I've been an SE on the platform since introduction. With regards to the
tests, there's always a few monkey wrenches thrown in on things you rarely
do.

RT
IBM Certified Expert - eServer iSeries Technology

Quote:> Has anyone used testtrac.com to study for a test?
> I am studying for the iseries command operations 356 test. I have been
> using the as400 for about 4 years now. I am studying using Steve
> Murrays study guide, the ibm web site, the objectives, and the system
> itself.

> I took the test for it on the testtrac.com web site and failed. I was
> very suprised since I felt fairly confident about 90% of the
> questions. The results said I received a 58%. So it is saying I missed
> something like 28 questions out of 66. I find that highly unlikely.

> I have been reviewing the questions from the test and have looked up
> about half of them. According to what the books, system, and the ibm
> web site say, I have only missed 6 (this includis the ones I could not
> verify) so far.

> Now, on the bottom of the results page below the objective scoring it
> does have a note that says:

> The object-level analysis reflects the raw score of each individual
> learning/certificate objective. The objective-level scores may not sum
> up to 100% if some of the questions on the test apply to mutliple
> objectives.

> So maybe that has somethnig to do with it? But it still says I missed
> 28.

> Has anyone else taken a test from them before? What have been your
> results?

1. ftp.software.ibm.com failed

Hi,

Can anybody tell me, what's happened with
the ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com ,
I can't retrieve some information in /as400/pubs
directory using dir or ls commands
it says that the connection timeout.
It was OK about one month ago.
I need some documentation in PDF format,
maybe there's an alternative site, let me know pls.

Serge

2. CIM Models

3. Listen com port

4. Database Access

5. JAVA400-L-SUB@midrange.com

6. Strange performance...

7. Solve your problems via AS400chat.COM

8. asp .net ,'script' is missing its closing tag?

9. ENDSYS.COM HELP