Looking for RPG Online Reference

Post by karlstubsj.. » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:03:24

Hi,

I'm looking for good online resources for RPG and the AS400 (primarily
RPG).  I have been to IBM's Redbook section, and that isn't quite what
I am looking for (someone tell me if I've been misslead), I'm looking
for a language reference (it could be simple) for RPG.

So, send your links my way!

Karl

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Looking for RPG Online Reference

Post by Alex R » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:12:00

www.RPGAlive.com

On www.RPGAlive.com you will find a tool which will provide real-time Help
for RPG operations and built-in functions.

RPG-Alive allows you to press Ctrl-F1 when you are working in SEU to bring
up context-sensitive Help.  It's a great reference tool.  Good Luck.

Alex

> Hi,

> I'm looking for good online resources for RPG and the AS400 (primarily
> RPG).  I have been to IBM's Redbook section, and that isn't quite what
> I am looking for (someone tell me if I've been misslead), I'm looking
> for a language reference (it could be simple) for RPG.

> So, send your links my way!

> Karl

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Looking for RPG Online Reference

Post by Dale Bert » Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:31:30

Try http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/online/v4r5eng.htm; this
is the category selection page for IBM's online publications for V4R5.
Select "AD, Languages, and Tools", then you will get a page with all
language references, including RPG Programmer's Guide and Reference for both
ILE and RPG/400, both as HTML or PDF. Top of either page includes links to
same info for other releases of OS/400 (but RPG doesn't usually change
enough to worry about it).