Desktop Architect #0522,Washington,DC

Post by National Education Associatio » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 22:08:52

Job Title: Desktop Architect #0522
Company:   National Education Association
Location:  Washington, DC 20036

Company Description:
The National Education Association was founded in 1857 'to elevate the
character and advance the inerests of the profession of teaching and
to promote the cause of education.'  NEA seeks individuals who share
our vision of improving the quality of public education.  At NEA, we
believe that our employees are our most valuable resource.  We provide
a diverse and flexible workplace, competitive salaries, and benefits.
For more information, please visit our website (www.nea.org/jobs).
Position Description:
Source Code PN0522
Bachelors degree, with graduate or advanced studies, or equivalent.
At least five years of progressively responsible business-oriented
experience in analyzing, diagnosing, designing, deploying and
troubleshooting enterprise systems and software in a wide range of
technical areas, including client/server, internet/intranet and
complex database environments, operating in a multi-protocol
distributed network environment.  Experience must include technical
project management and serving as a senior-level technical
engineer/troubleshooter working with a wide variety of software tools,
operating systems and technical environments necessary to design,
develop, integrate, troubleshoot and support complex
enterpinfrastructures.  Some travel required (up to 10 overnights).
Must be able to work extended hours in evenings and on weekends.
Writing and project documentation/project samples required at time of
interview.  Apply online at www.nea.org or EMAIL resume to

Other Resume Submission Methods: Send resume by FAX 1 800 894-9759 or
mail to our rsum processing center at:  National Education
Association, PO Box 98, Burlington, MA 01803.  (Remember to include
source code on resume or cover letter).  Open until filled.
Experience Required:
At least five years of progressively responsible business-oriented
experience in analyzing, diagnosing, designing, deploying and
troubleshooting enterprise systems and software in a wide range of
technical areas, including client/server, internet/intranet and
complex database environments, operating in a multi-protocol
distributed network environment.  Experience must include technical
project management and serving as a senior-level technical
engineer/troubleshooter working with a wide variety of software tools,
operating systems and technical environments necessary to design,
develop, integrate, troubleshoot and support complex
enterpinfrastructures.

RESPOND HERE! Respond immediately by accessing the following
dedicated online response form which will allow you to cut and  paste your
resume. This form will go directly and immediately to the
hiring authority for this position. Access the online response form at:
http://respond.webhire.com/job/id?222-r34-601

Desktop Architect #0522,Washington,DC

Post by Dav » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 05:41:14

Okay, I *KNOW* I'm not qualified if I don't even know what this is...
Someone wanna define it for me?

<snip>
::

Quote:> troubleshoot and support complex enterpinfrastructures

                   (what's this?)  ---------------------

1. Washington DC area RPG programmers needed

Several positions for AS/400 programmers are open from Jr level to Sr
Consultant. RPG, DDS and CL are a must. Communications skills needed.
Visual Basic and Client Server experience is a plus. Please e-mail back
your resume indicating studies, experience and two references. Start date
= last week. Good salary and benefits package!!!

2. section headings without titles

3. Does anyone know an AS/400 user group in the Washington DC area?

4. Replay and Fractals

5. Architect with Websphere and XML on AS400 needed

6. Win2K has trouble reading burned CDs??

7. A very interesting comment from Frank Soltis, AS/400 chief architect.

8. Futurebus

9. AS/400 e-business Application Development Architect