Error CA 4.5: Using Express Toolkit

Post by Thorsten E. Bohle » Fri, 04 May 2001 18:55:50

Hi!
Maybe you can help me?

I want to create a link to an AS400-database with CA 4.5 Express using the
toolkit. After getting an connection to my AS400 i have to tell, what
database in which directory i want. But i get following error:

OLE-DB-Error DB80004005

System:
WinNt Sp6, CA 4.5 SF 65345, Visual Basic 6.0 SP5

Thorsten

Error CA 4.5: Using Express Toolkit

Post by batdevi » Sun, 06 May 2001 20:13:20

new client access service pack...

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/clientaccess/casp.htm

Quote:> Hi!
> Maybe you can help me?

> I want to create a link to an AS400-database with CA 4.5 Express using the
> toolkit. After getting an connection to my AS400 i have to tell, what
> database in which directory i want. But i get following error:

> OLE-DB-Error DB80004005

> System:
> WinNt Sp6, CA 4.5 SF 65345, Visual Basic 6.0 SP5

> Thorsten

1. Problems reading spool file using C++ CA express toolkit

I'm writing a PC application using the Client Access Express toolkit C++
libraries. What I want is to execute any command on the AS400 (like 'dspmsg
qsysopr'), catch the output (spool file) and transfer it to the PC in an
plain ASCII file. I'm using functions from the library like cwbRC_StartSysEx
cwbRC_RunCmd cwbOBJ_ReadSplF cwbOBJ_AnalyzeSplFData and cwbNL_Convert but I
can't get it right. Result data is transferred but in seems to be in SCS
format. How can I transform this SCS data stream to plain ASCII?

TD  T{ 5722SS1 V5R1M0 010525 T{ BERICHTEN IN WACHTRIJ T{.QSYSOPR T{?Pagina
T{=0001 ?? T{ BER.-ID T{SEV

Who can help me with this?? Or who knows any resources on the net where
users share experience with this C++ library... Or maybe I'm doing it all
wrong and I need to change my strategy of getting the data to the PC??

Thanks

Andre Poldervaart, the Netherlands

2. w2k clients files disappear on NT4 server

3. OpsNav 4.5 with OS/400 4.5 problems

4. Cant start RDS service in win2k prof

5. VB6 Crashes using Client Access Express Toolkit

6. Nortel Extranet VPN client behind a Win2K Server NAT?

7. CA Express license error after using Wise Installer to package

8. USB cards are available

9. QDLS access via Client Access Express 4.5 can be prompted for signon?

10. Is there CA/400 Express Toolkit printed documentation

11. CA 4.5 Run SQL Scripts Problem

12. MS ADO with CA Express ADO vs. CA Express ODBC?

13. 10050 connect error using Client Acess express