Program Usage

Post by Thad Riz » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:03:35

I am looking to remove any programs from my machine that are not in
use anymore.  Is there anyway to run a command to show me the last
used date on all programs in a library?  I think I did something like
this with data files before and it outputted to a file for me.  I am
looking for something similar.

As always any help is greatly appreciated.

Thad Rizzi

Program Usage

Post by laborke » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:06:30

Try running RTVDSKINF in Batch.  Then when it is finished use PRTDSKINF

Keith

Quote:> I am looking to remove any programs from my machine that are not in
> use anymore.  Is there anyway to run a command to show me the last
> used date on all programs in a library?  I think I did something like
> this with data files before and it outputted to a file for me.  I am
> looking for something similar.

> As always any help is greatly appreciated.

> Thad Rizzi

Program Usage

Post by Jim Thedor » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:53:22

Try using DSPOBJD to a file, then query the file.

Jim

Quote:> I am looking to remove any programs from my machine that are not in
> use anymore.  Is there anyway to run a command to show me the last
> used date on all programs in a library?  I think I did something like
> this with data files before and it outputted to a file for me.  I am
> looking for something similar.

> As always any help is greatly appreciated.

> Thad Rizzi

Program Usage

Post by Dr. Ugo Gagliardell » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 03:53:52

> I am looking to remove any programs from my machine that are not in
> use anymore.  Is there anyway to run a command to show me the last
> used date on all programs in a library?  I think I did something like
> this with data files before and it outputted to a file for me.  I am
> looking for something similar.

I found that the last usage date in the object description is not so true, I think the best is using account journal, but to be sure the an object haven't been accessed you should wait possibly at least one year, some time there are procedures that run only once a year.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA?ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome

Program Usage

Post by post4 » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 06:36:39

> > I am looking to remove any programs from my machine that are not in
> > use anymore.  Is there anyway to run a command to show me the last
> > used date on all programs in a library?  I think I did something like
> > this with data files before and it outputted to a file for me.  I am
> > looking for something similar.
> I found that the last usage date in the object description is not so true, I think the best is using account journal, but to be sure the an object haven't been accessed you should wait possibly at least one year, some time there are procedures that run only once a year.

Hi,

what do you mean when you say "the last usage date is not so true" ?
Did you find any cases where the date is not real ? I've used DSPOBJD
to retrieve the last usage date and it seemed ok . Can you give some
more info about your findings ?

Thanks,
post400

Program Usage

Post by Thad Riz » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 21:23:14

> Try using DSPOBJD to a file, then query the file.

> Jim

That's what I was looking for.  Thanks!

Program Usage

Post by Dr. Ugo Gagliardell » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:27:13

> > > I am looking to remove any programs from my machine that are not in
> > > use anymore.  Is there anyway to run a command to show me the last
> > > used date on all programs in a library?  I think I did something like
> > > this with data files before and it outputted to a file for me.  I am
> > > looking for something similar.
> > I found that the last usage date in the object description is not so true, I think the best is using account journal, but to be sure the an object haven't been accessed you should wait possibly at least one year, some time there are procedures that run only once a year.

> Hi,

> what do you mean when you say "the last usage date is not so true" ?
> Did you find any cases where the date is not real ? I've used DSPOBJD
> to retrieve the last usage date and it seemed ok . Can you give some
> more info about your findings ?

Some are documented, as
- CHGOBJD  USECOUNT(*RESET) set the usage to 0
- restoring an object usage will be set to 0 (if the object doesn't already exist)
- using a link instead of the object itself doesn't update usage count
Then for reason that I don't know in more then one occasion I realized that objects that were surely used before had 0 as usage count. For that I said that's not safe enough to make destructive operations.

--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherA?ejoAlcoolInside
Spaccamaroni andate a cagare/Spammers not welcome
Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre
Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker

1. Subfile usage in a batch program

Does anybody know of way to use subfile as work areas in a batch program
? I can get it working from a batch job if the display file is
overridden to a varied on device, but I don't really want to have to
leave a device varied on just for this job.

The idea is to use the same program for interactive and batch processing
and the subfile would contain the work data and display data as well.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gordon
--
Gordon Dracup

2. Explain filter to software guy?

3. How do I respond to a "Display Program Message" in a C program?

4. Now comes the Partition Lost problem....

5. QMHSNDPM in CLP PROGRAM: Need sample program

6. CTS Stuff...

7. Checking which program calls another program

8. Program that supports green screen and web in same RPG program

9. OPM COBOL/400 Program to call ILE C/400 Program

10. Calling a C program from a ILE RPG program

11. data entry program using subfiles with program data validation

12. message interception for RPG program in a CL program