HTTP server just stops?

Post by Pathco » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:23:12

We are running CGI under version 4.5 and keep running into an intermitant
error 500 message - when this errors starts to occur then no one can access
the site and if you look at CPU usage while doing a server request (page
refresh) there is no cpu usage - as if the server has become
"disconnected"??? The only way around is to
restart the server.

Also, I understood that the http server will re-use existing http jobs as
long as they are free - our sytem seems to create multiple
jobs even if the existing ones are not busy?

Has anyone else run into this?

Rob

HTTP server just stops?

Post by Bradley V. Sto » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 03:52:22

Yes, others have.  IBM is stubborn and doesn't want to fix it and just
says "use Apache".  I say Bah humbug...  I like Classic a lot better,
especially for ease of configuration.  Apache offers little to the
average user over classic.

Anyhow, you can try upping the thread count in CHGHTTPA command. This
has helped some.

Brad
www.bvstools.com

Quote:>We are running CGI under version 4.5 and keep running into an intermitant
>error 500 message - when this errors starts to occur then no one can access
>the site and if you look at CPU usage while doing a server request (page
>refresh) there is no cpu usage - as if the server has become
>"disconnected"??? The only way around is to
>restart the server.

>Also, I understood that the http server will re-use existing http jobs as
>long as they are free - our sytem seems to create multiple
>jobs even if the existing ones are not busy?

>Has anyone else run into this?

>Rob

>-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

1. HTTP Admin instance stops on V5R1M0 with no log !!

I have the following problem, when I perfom STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP)
HTTPSVR(*ADMIN), the job starts but suddently it does stop with no log.

What I can see with WRKACTJOB SBS(QHTTPSVR) and F5 is:

QHTTPSVR      QSYS        SBS     0,0                   DEQW
  ADMIN       QTMHHTTP    BCH     0,0  PGM-QZHBHTTP     RUN

QHTTPSVR      QSYS        SBS     0,0                   DEQW
  ADMIN       QTMHHTTP    BCH     5,5  PGM-QZHBHTTP     SIGW

QHTTPSVR      QSYS        SBS     0,0                   DEQW
  ADMIN       QTMHHTTP    BCH     0,0  PGM-QZHBHTTP     SIGW

QHTTPSVR      QSYS        SBS     0,0                   DEQW

In the last one, the job ends without a joblog ....

Another simptom is that if  I do WRKHTTPCFG CFG(*ADMIN), I get following
message identifier: HTPA105 stating that it is impossible to update the
ADMIN configuration.

Other configurations created with the new Http server assistant in Ops
Navigator work fine !
But I cannot change it's parameters from a browser since ADMIN instance
stops working and no log is generated.
I am working with QSECOFR user.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

2. ASPNET user and Domain Controller

3. HTTP-Server with enabled Web-Sphere causes JVWA status for HTTP-Instance

4. translating termcap or terminfo to vms

5. Server AS400 and HTTP Task of a Domino Server

6. Mac Cables & Plugs etc??

7. AS400 server and HTTP task of a Domino Server v.5.06

8. remote X11/GNU emacs/ssh: Incredible slowness loading libs

9. V5R1 Copying Default HTTP server To New Apache Server via Migration Wizard Problems.

10. Is it just me or is CA for Win95 just crap?

11. Just getting started w/ client/server

12. http server problems on v4r7