How to save Spool file to file

Post by t.. » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

How to save Spool file to file in order to make request on this file
with SQl

Thanks a lot

Arnaud

How to save Spool file to file

Post by Bert Schutrup » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

CPYSPLF

Quote:>How to save Spool file to file in order to make request on this file
>with SQl

>Thanks a lot

>Arnaud

1. Undeleting records with a save file - need save file layout

Greetings, all.  I've been searching for ways to undelete records in an
unjournaled physical file.  The majority of news articles and messages
all describe how to accomplish this feat with a save file.  Without
going into the gory details of the process, I understand the mechanics
and can write a program to retrieve the deleted records for a file.  The
trick is knowing where to start reading the data because the contents of
a save file are different for each physical file.  What I am looking for
is the layout of a save file so I don't have to write a new program for
each file.  Obviously I could just use TAATOOL's RTVDLTRCD to bring back
the deleted records, but I'm trying to code it myself because I just
want to know how to do it.

To date I have been unsuccessful in locating anything substantive
regarding the layout of a save file.  Does anyone out there know what
the layout is?  If it's in the IBM Softcopy Library or the Redbooks,
please point me to the correct location because it's obvious I wasn't
using the magic keyword to find what I needed.  At the very least a
calculation to determine the offset to the first record would be very
helpful.  Thank you very much.

Ed De Ryder

http://homepage.interaccess.com/~thedots

2. /usr/people/4Dgifts/examples/dmedia/video/vl where ?

3. How to save spool file ?

4. use of interactiv & GNUS

5. save spool file to pc

6. Search: C-Lib to handle dBase IV files

7. how to save spool files without saving them into a physical file.......?

8. MASS STORAGE MARKETS, TECHNOLOGIES, SYSTEMS

9. *==== Download Spool to PC Doc, Save File or Database =====*

10. Anybody knows how to save a spool file?

11. FTP'd File to a save file?

12. Comparison of save file data and tape file data

13. changing physical file to a spool file HOW?