I just installed V4R4, my first install. I noticed that F9 doesn't work for
QSECOFR. Is this right?
CHGJOB LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) will fix this for your current job.
PS: It is normally a good idea for QSECOFR to have complete logging.
On Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:42:19 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc "Bryan
Human description . : NICK ROUX
Option . . . . . . : *INET
Homepage . . . . . : http://www.bigfoot.com/~nick.roux
Time Zone . . . . . : GMT+2
Location . . . . . : South Africa/Johannesburg
1. STRPCCMD should not work but does; RUNRMTCMD should work but does not
According to the documentation (Client Access Family) the way to run a PC
command from an AS/400 session is STRPCCMD for DOS, Windows 3.1 and OS/2.
For Windows 95/NT one should use RUNRMTCMD. However, on my PC (Windows 95,
twinax, NetSoft router, CA V3R1M2, OS/400 V3R2) STRPCCMD does work but
RUNRMTCMD does not.
For RUNRMTCMD the daemon program AREXECDN.EXE should be running on the PC.
This has been installed on the PC, but when I start it, it does not seem to
do anything. No information, no process running. When I try RUNRMTCMD from
an AS/400 session, the job log says that the remote system 'did not
recognize the transaction program' (quoting from memory).
Any ideas why STRPCCMD appears to be unsupported? Will it suddenly vanish
in a future release? Will it not work with TCP/IP (not with V3R1M2 anyway;
the session is not recognized as a PC session)?
Any ideas how I could get RUNRMTCMD to work?
2. UpFront Multimedia launches WWW site
3. F9=Retrieve does not work all the time......
4. Command Line Pasting - BUG?
5. Prompt override program does not work properly
7. Calling RPG from Visual Basic - Commitment Control does not work
8. Japanese Windows and Printing
9. IBM 4247 Host print transform does not work
10. Flex/IP - LPD and AS/400 -LPR Does not always work!
11. SQL COMMENT ON does not work
12. Verify alignment in Client access does not work
13. How disconect a user when he does not work