book, faq and compiler

Post by Barbara Morri » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 06:07:32

> Hi,

> I would like to learn some RPG ( 3 or 4 ). I can't find an E-Book about RPG
> or AS400, did someone can give me a link? If not, can you tell me which book
> may be usefull?

> I can't find a FAQ for the this newsgroup? Where can i find it?

> Did Linux have a compiler for RPG? I can't buy an AS400, but a coworker, who
> work in France, use the AS400. Because he have a lot to do, I can't send him
> those file and ask him to test the software. I live in Montreal, i won't
> take the plane either.

Robert, there are some internet sites that offer access to an AS/400.  I
don't know anything about it, but I've seen this site mentioned
http://www.netshare400.com/.  Maybe there are more sites like it.

I don't think there is a FAQ for this newsgroup.  There is a FAQ here
http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/1.html for the http:/www.midrange.com
mailing lists, but it doesn't really represent the truly most frequently
asked questions.  I don't think most of the questions would be relevant
to a beginner.

There's a free online book, maybe not really an e-book though: the ILE
RPG Programmer's Guide
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/books/c0925073.pdf.
(It's the IBM manual.)  It's not organized like a textbook, but it might
be useful.  Here's the Reference manual:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/books/c0925083.pdf

For books, try going here
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/283155/ref%3Dtab%5Fgw%5...
and enter RPG in the search.  You can read reader-reviews for all the
RPG books listed there.

Barbara Morris

book, faq and compiler

Post by sd » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:37:57

Thanks,

I'll buy one of these book and i'll signup at netshare400.
It will be the best for what i need.

1. E-Mail AS/400 address book problem - no address book shows up

I am sending mail just fine on my AS/400 9404-500 V3R7 but I can't get the
address book to show up.  Any thoughts?

I'm using Outlook with the Internet mail service installed as a client.  I also
tried the windows messaging client that comes with Win95 and Lotus Mail that
came with V3R7 but they all work the same.  Deliver mail fine, just no address
book.  I can send if I type the address like I entered it in the directory on
the AS/400.

Please help.  Want to get rid of my MSMail 3.5 servers and use the computers
for bigger and better things.

Frank Cavin

2. Calendar View Drag and Drop Methods

3. BOOK ??? BOOK ??? BOOK ???

4. CEBus PL decoding/encoding chips

5. REQ: OS400 3.6 FAQ

6. A Better Mouse, PLEASE?

7. Is there a faq? (for programmers)

8. Subscribing to djgpp-workers

9. Proposal for Newsgroup FAQ

10. FAQ Address

11. AS/400 newbie (general user support) looks for FAQ and good introduction text

12. FAQ on CL programs.

13. Any thoughts on this AS/400 and RS/6000 General FAQ?