SNA 4.0 print server problem

Post by Stev » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello there

We installed SNA 4.0 and configured the print server environment. All ok
with printers starting ok on the AS400. However if we send a document down
to one of the printers configured in SNA it will not print. I have checked
the NT server logs and found that the spool file is been deleted by NT
sever's spooler. I also noticed an authority audit. I have checked the SNA
printer server startup account id and it is the running under the NT
administrators id.The PPV5250 service/source is also writing a unknown
return code to the applications log. The spool files continues to stay on
the AS/400, (AS400e 150) going nowhere, (also same problem on our advance
series machine). It looks like I have a problem with security on the NT
server side but I cannot see where yet.

Has anybody encountered this problem before.

Thanks for listening

Steve

1. SNA server 4.0 problem

[...]

2. What do I do?

3. OPINIONS? SNA server 3 versus SNA server 4?

4. Global Computer Listing- AS/400 Buy/Sell Search Engine

5. Print probs with AS400 & SNA server

6. RAM Requirements for Video Toaster

7. SNA Print Server

8. distab entry for 20LT jukebox

9. Lan Server/400 and Windows NT 4.0 Server

10. SNA Server 3.0 - 5250 Applet problem

11. Dialup Win95-->AS400 via SNA Server problem