Any good reference for RPG/400?

Post by Achilles Bulogiorgo » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

    I am a novice RPG/400 programmer and  wish to find a good and easy to
read RPG reference book or a site on the Internet about RPG.
    I would appreciate If somebody can tell me any titles or web sites where
I can find reference for this language.

Thanks
Achilles Bulogiorgos
SOFTECON S.A.
http://users.hol.gr/~abulogeorg

Any good reference for RPG/400?

Post by Achilles Bulogiorgo » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

    I am a novice RPG/400 programmer and  wish to find a good and easy to
read RPG reference book or a site on the Internet about RPG.
    I would appreciate If somebody can tell me any titles or web sites where
I can find reference for this language.

Thanks
Achilles Bulogiorgos
SOFTECON S.A.
http://users.hol.gr/~abulogeorg

Any good reference for RPG/400?

Post by Gary Guthri » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I am a novice RPG/400 programmer and  wish to find a good and easy to
> read RPG reference book or a site on the Internet about RPG.
>I would appreciate If somebody can tell me any titles or web sites where
> I can find reference for this language.

You can try Duke Press for RPG books at

http://www.dukepress.com/dukepress/as400.cfm?main_id=1

You can also review NEWS/400's RPG newsletter, The RPG Source, at

http://www.news400.com/theRPGsource

For a trial subscription to the newsletter go to

http://www.news400.com/education/theRPGsource/rpg-mktng.htm

[...]

Post by William Warni » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

responded to Achilles question with the following:
    "Programming in RPG/400, 2nd edition by Judy Yaeger" is the
     best AS400 RPG textbook available today. ISBN 1-882419-23-5
--------- r e p l y    s e p a r a t o r ------------
:
I am a novice RPG/400 programmer and  wish to find a good and easy to
: read RPG reference book or a site on the Internet about RPG.
:     I would appreciate If somebody can tell me any titles or web sites where
: I can find reference for this language.
:
: Thanks
: Achilles Bulogiorgos
: SOFTECON S.A.
: http://users.hol.gr/~abulogeorg
:
:
:

Any good reference for RPG/400?

Post by Nick Ro » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

The following IBM RPG books

?ILE RPG Reference Summary: SX09-1306
?ILE RPG/400 Programmer's Guide: SC09-2074
?ILE RPG/400 Reference: SC09-2077
?RPG/400 Reference: SC09-1817
?RPG/400 User's Guide: SC09-1816
?System/36-Compatible RPG II User's Guide and Reference: SC09-1818

are online here:
?
http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/bookmgr/7.htm

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997 23:01:24 +0200, "Achilles Bulogiorgos"

>    I am a novice RPG/400 programmer and  wish to find a good and easy to
>read RPG reference book or a site on the Internet about RPG.
>    I would appreciate If somebody can tell me any titles or web sites where
>I can find reference for this language.

>Thanks
>Achilles Bulogiorgos
>SOFTECON S.A.
>http://users.hol.gr/~abulogeorg

Nick Roux
Johannesburg
South Africa

----------------------------

Post by Richard Knechte » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> responded to Achilles question with the following:
>     "Programming in RPG/400, 2nd edition by Judy Yaeger" is the
>      best AS400 RPG textbook available today. ISBN 1-882419-23-5
> --------- r e p l y    s e p a r a t o r ------------

This is a good book (I used it in the RPG class I took)(And still
reference it from time to time) But you will need to find a seperate
book to learn subfiles from. IMHO the book J.Yaeger puts out is VERY
light on subfiles and in my personal opionion this is a subject that
needs a little more attention.

--

Richard Knechtel
EDS

       The contents of this message express only MY opinion.
       my employer, EDS.  All responsibility for the statements
       made in this posting resides solely and completely with the
       ME. I Ex-Spaminate spammers!

Any good reference for RPG/400?

Post by Pat Barbe » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

A good many of the IBM manuals can also be downloaded and printed
using Adobe....I believe this includes the RPG manuals.....

Any good reference for RPG/400?

Post by MPVSGR » Sun, 23 Nov 1997 04:00:00

my opinion:  Get  "THE MODERN RPGIV LANGUAGE"
by Bob Cozzi.  And a subscription to:

1)NEWS/400
2)MIDRANGE COMPUTING

...and, if possible, attend the next COMMON, and sign-up
for all of the RPG classes in the PROGRAMMING TRACK,
and LABS...

...sgroi

"You can't have a cupboard,
"If there ain't no wall----Neil Young

1. Good reference tool, Britannica CD now $125 price

I'm a great fan of the Britannica encyclopedia -- but was put off from the
CD by an initial price of $500 more than a year back.  Hard to justify as
a general reference tool for work.  Recently I saw they had lowered the
price, $299 -- and started mentioning around that it would probably be a
useful general reference tool to be able to loan out to marketing, sales,
secretaries, etc.......
$125 is price now, though, so it is a no-brainer to bring a copy in --

if anyone else is interested, the number in the mail offer I received is
800 372-8264
and of course all major credit cards are accepted.  Don't know if they can
work with purchase orders.  They say to send checks ($125 + $7 shipping)
Encyclopedia Britannica Direct, Inc.
PO Box 2393
Denver, CO 80222-9422
with full shipping and phone info.

Versions for IBM Windows (386/4 meg min, rec'd 486/8meg) and for
Mac IIci or better, 8 meg min,  system 7.1 up.  Will take 10 meg disk on
IBM, 20 on Mac.

I have no interest in nor am I affiliated with EB -- I just love the
encyclopedia and have found having one near very useful personally and to
lots of the people I work with.

Charlie

2. return to dll hell

3. Any way to reference a field reference file from SQL?

4. How to access other PCs on the LAN

5. RPG/400 Text on the Net, good idea or not?

6. Outlook Express Hangs

7. RPG Reference

8. is SP_NOTREPORTED for Endpage() obsolete?

9. Looking for RPG Online Reference

10. RPG Job Market in AZ - Good or Bad???

11. Can Someone Recommned good RPG/AS400 Courses in South Fla?

12. q? about good design & rpg iv