How to Monitor a Library

Post by Glenn Melvill » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 02:27:53

Hello,

I am writing a program to monitor a selection of libraries, as soon as a
physical file is created in one of the monitored libraries I want the
monitor program to pick the file up and call another program.

Is the best method to monitor a library from RPGLE to use the list API's or
can anybody suggest a better method ?

Many thanks

How to Monitor a Library

Post by Grzegorz Goryszewsk » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:14:14

Quote:> Hello,

> I am writing a program to monitor a selection of libraries, as soon as a
> physical file is created in one of the monitored libraries I want the
> monitor program to pick the file up and call another program.

Hello,
    the best solution (used by HA software) would be parsing an audit log.
Of course You've to set proper auditing values.
Regards.

    Grzegorz Goryszewski

How to Monitor a Library

Post by Phil » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 03:20:22

Quote:> Hello,

> I am writing a program to monitor a selection of libraries, as soon as a
> physical file is created in one of the monitored libraries I want the
> monitor program to pick the file up and call another program.

> Is the best method to monitor a library from RPGLE to use the list API's
or
> can anybody suggest a better method ?

Hi Glen,
IMHO, the list APIis are indeed the fastest method to use.
You can compare the file creation date_time_stamp with the last checked
date_time_stamp stored and only pick up the matching new files.

Phil

How to Monitor a Library

Post by NigelFu » Wed, 04 Dec 2002 06:23:45

Quote:> Hello,

> I am writing a program to monitor a selection of libraries, as soon as a
> physical file is created in one of the monitored libraries I want the
> monitor program to pick the file up and call another program.

> Is the best method to monitor a library from RPGLE to use the list API's
or
> can anybody suggest a better method ?

> Many thanks

Try monitoring the security journal.

--

Change spamless to amberbs for email

1. Library Reader for AS/400 Softcopy Library

Does anyone know of a good alternative to using the IBM provided
Library Reader for the sofcopy AS/400 manuals?  The Windows utility is
marginally better than the DOS version but neither is good for reading
and it is especially difficult to print anything well.

Any help is appreciated.
Douglas Blake
Mike Albert Leasing, Inc.

2. ShadowPlan Outliner Review V1.36 @PDASquare.com

3. Library in Initial Library list not found - can't sign on

4. SW running Athlon and VX1?

5. How to set in "LIBRARY MODE" tape library 3570....?????

6. Database Access

7. Library, Library where art thou?

8. performance monitor

9. Anyone use SiteScope to monitor an AS/400 and/or JDE World?

10. Monitor Performance

11. printed spool file monitor

12. How to monitor system resource utilization