urgent

Post by ssss » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:12:58

Hi Group

I urgently need to know what a lightnig bolt shaped bolt on the front
of our 170  exactly means.

Thanks in advance

Steve

urgent

Post by Larry Neylo » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:18:30

It is your System attention light.

This usually means that there is a problem with the machine.

Does your Function/Data display on the machine have an error code ?
something like B699 1234.  If so this informs you of the error and what to
do.

Larry.

Quote:> Hi Group

> I urgently need to know what a lightnig bolt shaped bolt on the front
> of our 170  exactly means.

> Thanks in advance

> Steve

urgent

Post by ssss » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:39:40

Thanks for your quick response

Basically today was the second time in two months that I have come
into the office to find that the 400 wasnt working - the problem is
thaty last time I noted the error code down and tried to find
reference to it on the net - but got no where. Also there is no
indication to a fault in the logs

Steve

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:18:30 -0000, "Larry Neylon"

>It is your System attention light.

>This usually means that there is a problem with the machine.

>Does your Function/Data display on the machine have an error code ?
>something like B699 1234.  If so this informs you of the error and what to
>do.

>Larry.

>> Hi Group

>> I urgently need to know what a lightnig bolt shaped bolt on the front
>> of our 170  exactly means.

>> Thanks in advance

>> Steve

urgent

Post by Larry Neylo » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:58:33

I have a 940x Model 170 Problem Analysis, Repair and Parts manual that came
with the 170.  This has all the reference codes in it.

If you still have a note of the error I'll have a quick look.  If you've
managed to IPL the machine and get it up and running have a look at your
QHST log and your joblog prints to see if there is more info about what
caused the machine to crash.

Larry.

> Thanks for your quick response

> Basically today was the second time in two months that I have come
> into the office to find that the 400 wasnt working - the problem is
> thaty last time I noted the error code down and tried to find
> reference to it on the net - but got no where. Also there is no
> indication to a fault in the logs

> Steve

> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:18:30 -0000, "Larry Neylon"

> >It is your System attention light.

> >This usually means that there is a problem with the machine.

> >Does your Function/Data display on the machine have an error code ?
> >something like B699 1234.  If so this informs you of the error and what
> >do.

> >Larry.

> >> Hi Group

> >> I urgently need to know what a lightnig bolt shaped bolt on the front
> >> of our 170  exactly means.

> >> Thanks in advance

> >> Steve

urgent

Post by ssss » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 00:09:44

Thanks once again

Unfortunatley the system is back up now and I failed to take a note of
the code. I have checked the qhst log and there is nothing in that.

It looks like the only way forward is to wait untill it happens agian
- which it probably will.

Thanks for the offer of your time in this - I wish I said manual

Steve

 On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:58:33 -0000, "Larry Neylon"

>I have a 940x Model 170 Problem Analysis, Repair and Parts manual that came
>with the 170.  This has all the reference codes in it.

>If you still have a note of the error I'll have a quick look.  If you've
>managed to IPL the machine and get it up and running have a look at your
>QHST log and your joblog prints to see if there is more info about what
>caused the machine to crash.

>Larry.

>> Thanks for your quick response

>> Basically today was the second time in two months that I have come
>> into the office to find that the 400 wasnt working - the problem is
>> thaty last time I noted the error code down and tried to find
>> reference to it on the net - but got no where. Also there is no
>> indication to a fault in the logs

>> Steve

>> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:18:30 -0000, "Larry Neylon"

>> >It is your System attention light.

>> >This usually means that there is a problem with the machine.

>> >Does your Function/Data display on the machine have an error code ?
>> >something like B699 1234.  If so this informs you of the error and what
>> >do.

>> >Larry.

urgent

Post by Charles Wil » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:29:46

You might want to check out the "service action log".  You can find it
under the Hardware Service manage of the service tools (STRSST).

HTH,
Charles

says...

> Thanks once again

> Unfortunatley the system is back up now and I failed to take a note of
> the code. I have checked the qhst log and there is nothing in that.

> It looks like the only way forward is to wait untill it happens agian
> - which it probably will.

> Thanks for the offer of your time in this - I wish I said manual

> Steve

>  On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:58:33 -0000, "Larry Neylon"

> >I have a 940x Model 170 Problem Analysis, Repair and Parts manual that came
> >with the 170.  This has all the reference codes in it.

> >If you still have a note of the error I'll have a quick look.  If you've
> >managed to IPL the machine and get it up and running have a look at your
> >QHST log and your joblog prints to see if there is more info about what
> >caused the machine to crash.

> >Larry.

> >> Thanks for your quick response

> >> Basically today was the second time in two months that I have come
> >> into the office to find that the 400 wasnt working - the problem is
> >> thaty last time I noted the error code down and tried to find
> >> reference to it on the net - but got no where. Also there is no
> >> indication to a fault in the logs

> >> Steve

> >> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:18:30 -0000, "Larry Neylon"

urgent

Post by ssss » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:09:41

Thanks

Ive checked in there - still nothing - will just have to wait and see

Steve

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:29:46 GMT, Charles Wilt

>You might want to check out the "service action log".  You can find it
>under the Hardware Service manage of the service tools (STRSST).

>HTH,
>Charles

>says...
>> Thanks once again

>> Unfortunatley the system is back up now and I failed to take a note of
>> the code. I have checked the qhst log and there is nothing in that.

>> It looks like the only way forward is to wait untill it happens agian
>> - which it probably will.

>> Thanks for the offer of your time in this - I wish I said manual

>> Steve

>>  On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:58:33 -0000, "Larry Neylon"

>> >I have a 940x Model 170 Problem Analysis, Repair and Parts manual that came
>> >with the 170.  This has all the reference codes in it.

>> >If you still have a note of the error I'll have a quick look.  If you've
>> >managed to IPL the machine and get it up and running have a look at your
>> >QHST log and your joblog prints to see if there is more info about what
>> >caused the machine to crash.

>> >Larry.

1. Printing big CHARACTERS URGENT-URGENT

Hello,

We're looking forward printing BIG CHARACTERS on a printers which are not
AFP compliant via emuation or directly attached to a terminal.
We've tried the following tests :
1) Change the spool file attributes CPI=5 LPI=6
2) With RLU : changing the size with CHRSIZ keyword

The results were :
1) on laser via emulation or LPD/LPR : the spool was printed in 10CPI with
normal characters
2) on matrix printer : the system says the printer is unable to support
these spool attributes.

Any idea is welcome even if you advise another method.

Sincerely yours, happy new year.

2. phpMyAdmin

3. Urgent message to mr. Gerhard Possler - final call

4. WTB/WTS Cisco Systems Equipment

5. Urgent Help on 3270 Printer emulation problem

6. **Need Info on High Quality Color Printer**

7. Urgent "Conecting PC + E60 + InetAS400"

8. MX2 multi-r tasking shell

9. urgent classpath problem when compiling java program under QShell interpreter

10. Florida URGENT U.S. AS/400 BPCS, RPG, min 2 yrs. exp needed

11. Urgent: Pb in reading a Tape !!

12. Printing problem : Urgent

13. Urgent AS400 Contracts in the UK and Europe