Save-Restore SRC PF's 3.1 back to 2.2/earlier??

Save-Restore SRC PF's 3.1 back to 2.2/earlier??

Post by Bob Le » Mon, 02 Dec 1996 04:00:00

If you just need to restore source code (SRC PF's only, no compiled
objects) from 3.1 or higher back to a 2.2 machine, is there a way
around (using standard AS/400 tape backup/restore) the SAVOBJ command
which only allows 3 releases back??

Thanks

Save-Restore SRC PF's 3.1 back to 2.2/earlier??

Post by Bryan Hi » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>If you just need to restore source code (SRC PF's only, no compiled
>objects) from 3.1 or higher back to a 2.2 machine, is there a way
>around (using standard AS/400 tape backup/restore) the SAVOBJ command
>which only allows 3 releases back??

>Thanks

I am afraid that the only way I have found to do this is to use either
CPYF, or CPYTOTAP.  The down side to this is that each source member
has to be copied individually.

--
Bryan Hipp
D.P. Requisite, Inc.

Save-Restore SRC PF's 3.1 back to 2.2/earlier??

Post by The TEAMIBM Netwo » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Bob,
 >> If you just need to restore source code (SRC PF's only, no compiled
objects) from 3.1 or higher back to a 2.2 machine, is there a way
around (using standard AS/400 tape backup/restore) the SAVOBJ command
which only allows 3 releases back?? <<

 CPYTOTAP and CPYFRMTAP is a data-only media transport mechanism.  It is
 a relatively trivial programming task to make a CL to perform both ends
 of this transport for all members in file(s) using DSPFD TYPE(*MBRLIST).
 Is there any reason you are limiting yourself to media?  You could of
 course use communications connections to transfer the data from the
 files.

Chuck Pence
 -- Comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.

1. Save/Restore v3.1 to v2.1

We are developing software on an AS/400 v3.1. We have customers using
systems with as low as v2.1. Is there any utility or way for us to save
programs off our system and restore them to our customers at the lower
release level without intermediary machines?

Michael Linn

2. change fonts

3. how to view RPGLE src-pf and src mbr?

4. FS:Megahertz Cellular 28.8 PCMCIA Modem $159

5. Recovering Deleted SRC-PF's

6. NLIST

7. Distinguish between PF-DTA and PF-SRC

8. ALPS vs dye-sub

9. client access...pf-src / pf-dta

10. Utility to copy pf-src to pf

11. How to Restore an FTP'd Save File?

12. Restore Problem V3.1

13. Calling 'gethostbyname' from ILE COBOL - getting NULL back.