how to view RPGLE src-pf and src mbr?

Post by SJ Lenno » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

DSPPGM.  After the 3rd (?) enter you'll see a screen with a single line in
the subfile showing your program. There are options 5 and 8.  Prompt 8 and
go for *SERVICE.  That should show you the source of the module.

(Note:  from memory--be prepared to experiment.)

Sam

Post by Nj?l Fisketj?n (Njal Fisketj » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,
>When we do DSPOBJD for an RPG object:
>DSPOBJD OBJ(LIB/PGM) OBJTYPE(*PGM) DETAIL(*SERVICE)

>Then the can find the Source file (src-pf) and the library from where it got
>compiled. But this command doesn't give the src-pf and the lib for RPGLE obj
>(type *pgm). (Though one can get this information for the obj (*module).)

>How to get the name of the src-pf and lib name from where the RPGLE is
>compiled?

This qustion has been answered several times in this new group.

From the manual

System API Reference
OS/400 Program and CL Command APIs

Version 4

Document Number SC41-5870-01

"The List ILE Program Information (QBNLPGMI) API gives information about ILE programs, similar to
the Display Program (DSPPGM) command.  The information is placed in a user space specified by you."

Nj?l Fisketj?n, FIGU DATA AS

http://www.robin.no/~nfisketj

how to view RPGLE src-pf and src mbr?

Post by Obel » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:03:19 -0500, "SJ Lennon"

>DSPPGM.  After the 3rd (?) enter you'll see a screen with a single line in
>the subfile showing your program. There are options 5 and 8.  Prompt 8 and
>go for *SERVICE.  That should show you the source of the module.

Thank, but i mean in a programmatic way, so that we might automate the
recompile of an object (we've done a proc do to this for RPG program,
but we're non able to apply to ILE PGM...)

Obelix

how to view RPGLE src-pf and src mbr?

Post by Dave McKenz » Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi Obelix,

Nj?l Fisketj?n's answer to the original question is what you want:

>This qustion has been answered several times in this new group.

>From the manual

>System API Reference
>OS/400 Program and CL Command APIs

>Version 4

>Document Number SC41-5870-01
>"The List ILE Program Information (QBNLPGMI) API gives information about
>ILE programs, similar to the Display Program (DSPPGM) command.  The
>information is placed in a user space specified by you."

>Nj?l Fisketj?n, FIGU DATA AS

>http://www.robin.no/~nfisketj

You call the QBNLPGMI API, giving the name and library of the program,
and it returns (in a user space) a list of info about the modules
bound into the program, including source name/library/member and
source change dates.  It doesn't access the module objects (which may
not exist anymore!), but gets this info directly from the program
object.

The API is documented at:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com:80/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QB3AMV02/1.15

HTH,
Dave

>On Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:03:19 -0500, "SJ Lennon"

>>DSPPGM.  After the 3rd (?) enter you'll see a screen with a single line in
>>the subfile showing your program. There are options 5 and 8.  Prompt 8 and
>>go for *SERVICE.  That should show you the source of the module.

>Thank, but i mean in a programmatic way, so that we might automate the
>recompile of an object (we've done a proc do to this for RPG program,
>but we're non able to apply to ILE PGM...)

>Obelix

how to view RPGLE src-pf and src mbr?

Post by Obel » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Nj?l Fisketj?n's answer to the original question is what you want:

Thamks, both to you and him: i Saw his post after i send the
message...

Obelix

1. Distinguish between PF-DTA and PF-SRC

Hi all-

I am using DSPOBJD to get a list of PF's in a library. No problem, but I
need to
distinguish between PF-DTA and PF-SRC, the way WRKOBJ can.
But, the DSPOBJD output does not seem to contain a field to distinguish
the two.
The "attribute" of both PF-DTA and PF-SRC as reported by DSPOBJD is
simply PF.

Now, you'll say : use WRKOBJ.  I can't do that because I'm in a
client-server situation.
The client sends the command into the pipe and then reads back the
command output file
from the server. No way to do that with WRKOBJ, right ?

Thanks for any ideas.

--
Kind regards,

 Compuware Europe B.V.   http://www.compuware.com

2. series5->revo questions

3. client access...pf-src / pf-dta

4. Storage Computer Corp.

5. Utility to copy pf-src to pf

6. FA: Apple II + Macintosh Items

7. Converting COBOL SRC to RPG SRC

8. Run rmail on a new screen.

9. Save-Restore SRC PF's 3.1 back to 2.2/earlier??

10. SRC-PF utility

11. Recovering Deleted SRC-PF's

12. LAN Console with SRC A6005008

13. SRC 0000-000C...HELP!!!