How to monitor system resource utilization

How to monitor system resource utilization

Post by Jame » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:24:41

CPU,memory,network,is there any command like monitor in AIX or top?

How to monitor system resource utilization

Post by Thad Riz » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:48:27

Try WRKSYSACT and WRKSYSSTS.  Management Central in Operations navigator
has some monitors you can setup and run against your AS/400.

Quote:> CPU,memory,network,is there any command like monitor in AIX or top?

Post by Ebcd » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:13:16

> CPU,memory,network,is there any command like monitor in AIX or top?

WRKACTJOB is Work with Active Jobs

WRKSYSSTS shows useful CPU/disk/memory statistics (also, check out the
F-key commands at the bottom of the WRKSYSSTS screen for more kinds of
information)

WRKTCPSTS *CNN will show your TCP/IP connections

NETSTAT will get you a menu for TCP/IP status of interface, routes,
and connections

Hope this helps

1. Client Access: System Monitor shows resources are at 100%

When Client Access is installed (Win95, V3R1M3), four files load and are
running whether you are connected to the AS/400 or not. These four files
(cwbuitsk.exe, cwbbs.exe, cwbnpred, cwbsvd.exe ) cause the system resources
to run 100%, leaving sluggish performance of my user's PC's. What are these
files for, and are they necessary? I have some remote users that are having
trouble staying connected to my RAS, and am suspect that the remote PC is
processing information at its capacity and the RAS modem times out waiting
for a reply from the remote user's PC. Any info concerning this issue?

2. Web Sites?

3. Netsoft Router CPU utilization

4. HTTP programming library

5. MAX CPU utilization and communication problems...

6. Techie Q: Dynamic sql and c...

7. High disk-utilization because of mail?

8. Wiring Help (Cat5/A/V)

9. CPU Utilization Maxed out

10. Web images of System/36, System/38 and/or System/34

11. VB5 and CA400 API - A good resource

12. Seeking TCPIP printing resource on the Web