printed spool file monitor

Post by nguy » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

  IBM has an option that let people check to see if a spool file
printed or not.  Does any body know to access this information
directly without using IBM program to display it(It took awhile for
the program to display the data)

                                                                        Thanks

printed spool file monitor

Post by nAkEd dAv » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>   IBM has an option that let people check to see if a spool file
> printed or not.  Does any body know to access this information
> directly without using IBM program to display it(It took awhile for
> the program to display the data)

I'll take a WILD guess here - I would bet that the info is stored in the
corresponding member of the QSPLxxx file in lib QSPL. There whould be a
member for each spool file on the system (even for those spool files
that are gone, if not cleaned up).

I don't have a 400 handy to check it on. But that's the way Datatpoint
(the original midrange) used to handle it - and I know those files are
in qspl for some reason.

printed spool file monitor

Post by RusWilki » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Try using QUSRSPLA system API as this returns all information for a spool
file. (Documented in the System Programmers Interface Reference Manual).

1. Spool files printed via IP to NT Server vanishing

Hi,

We make extensive use of IP printing both direct to printer and
through NT server. We have a problem at the moment with spool files
vanishing between the AS/400 and an NT server. Everything looks fine
on the AS/400, the file goes to SND status then back to SAV, in
NETSTAT I can see the LPD connection go through. On the NT server we
have the queue paused and nothing shows up. We have other queues
working just fine on the same server, and printing to the queue from
windows works fine.

We are running V4R5 with the latest cum..

Please help

2. Question: Java IDL

3. changing physical file to a spool file HOW?

4. Similar problem on 2.6, sort of ......

5. Convert a spool file into HTML file.

6. putting a disk image back on a disk

7. Writing a print spool file to PC file

8. Verkaufe Allplan FT V16

9. AS400 Spool File to IFS file?

10. How to save Spool file to file

11. Copying a Spool File to a Physical File

12. *AFPDS spool file --> AFP file on PC ?

13. AFP spool file to PC file question