JVM Scalability

Post by William Cha » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:32:33

Hello group,

For each RPG interactive job calling Java, a dedicated JVM will be started.
Each JVM will consume certain memory and CPU resources.

I am going to evaluate how many JVMs can be running concurrently on a
single iSeries(AS/400) box.  Can someone share such experience with me?
Grateful if memory and CPU configuration of the AS/400 can also be advised.

Thanks and Regards,

William

JVM Scalability

Post by Dieter Bende » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 00:41:47

> Hello group,

> For each RPG interactive job

that would be nice for IBM, starting a JVM for each interactive Job! What
are you trieing to accomplish???

Dieter

Quote:>  calling Java, a dedicated JVM will be
> started. Each JVM will consume certain memory and CPU resources.

> I am going to evaluate how many JVMs can be running concurrently on a
> single iSeries(AS/400) box.  Can someone share such experience with me?
> Grateful if memory and CPU configuration of the AS/400 can also be
> advised.

> Thanks and Regards,

> William

1. AS/400's JVM

Hi,

If I have a Java program, how i do enable the JVM and excute this program ?

Thanks any helps!
--
Laurence Lee
(IBM AS/400 CS & MCSE)

2. Joystick in Printer Port

3. How to port an RPG400 application to Sun's JVM based application?

4. shared file problem

5. has the AS/400 a JVM ?

6. You can give them a try...

7. V4R2 and the JVM

8. C6201 vs Sharc

9. JDK & JVM

10. Java JVM GC GCHMAX and GCHINL settings

11. Dump Java JVM tool

12. How can I get JVM on V3R2M0/V3R7M0 ?