bug report

Post by Heikki Tuu » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 12:39:43

Bill,

Quote:>I receive the following error when trying to restart mysql after it crashed.
>We use InnoDB tables for most of our tables.  The tables are nearly empty,
>so limited tablespace or disk space do not seem to be problems.  Any help
>you can give is much appreciated.

this looks like the rollback bug in version 3.23.38. From
http://www.innodb.com/oldbugs.html:

The rollback bug reported below on May 14th causes also a crash if you
rollback a transaction which has modified the same row more than once. Look
below for a fixed row0undo.c. Fixed in 3.23.39.

What MySQL version you are running? What is your operating system?

Please download version 3.23.44 from http://www.mysql.com

Now the recovery may succeed. A lot of bugs have been fixed to 3.23.44.
Since InnoDB is still in beta, it is recommended to upgrade often.

If the recovery does not succeed, then try adding the following to my.cnf:

set-variable = innodb_force_recovery = 4

and dump all your tables and recreate your database.

Please report to me if this advice worked.

>Bill Ort
>Protasis Inc.

>917.589.9600
>212.868.1663

Regards,

Heikki
http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html

>From our .err file:

>011104 22:36:58  mysqld started
>InnoDB: Database was not shut down normally.
>InnoDB: Starting recovery from log files...
>InnoDB: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
>InnoDB: log sequence number 0 1657439
>InnoDB: Doing recovery: scanned up to log sequence number 0 1657821
>Innobase: 1 uncommitted transaction(s) which must be rolled back
>Innobase: Starting rollback of uncommitted transactions
>Innobase: Rolling back trx no 5444
>Innobase: Assertion failure in thread 1024 in file trx0roll.c line 887
>Innobase: we intentionally generate a memory trap.

>mysqld got signal 11;
>The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
>stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
>help in finding out why mysqld died.
>Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
>where mysqld died.  If you see no messages after this, something went
>terribly wrong...
>Bogus stack limit or frame pointer, aborting backtrace.
>Innobase: Thread 3076 stopped in file os0sync.c line 374
>011104 22:36:59  mysqld ended

1. Bug report

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C45792.25B1D670

Why does this code work using 2.5.39 driver on XP Pro  and W2003 server, and
reports "Data source name not found and no default driver specified" when I
try to use the latest driver (3.51) ?

    Sub BindGridOppslag()

        Dim strConn1 As String =
"DRIVER={MySQL};SERVER=10.1.1.18;DATABASE=ansatte;UID=root;;port=3306;"

        Dim strSQL1 As String

        Dim objConn1 As New OdbcConnection(strConn1)

        Dim objCmd1 As New OdbcCommand()

        Dim objDA1 As New OdbcDataAdapter()

        Dim ds1 As New DataSet()

        Dim dvw1 As DataView

        strSQL1 = Tquery.Text

        objDA1 = New OdbcDataAdapter(strSQL1, objConn1)

        objDA1.Fill(ds1, "tabellnavn")

        dvw1 = ds1.Tables("tabellnavn").DefaultView

        DGoppslag.DataSource = dvw1

        DGoppslag.DataBind()

    End Sub

Regards

Roger K.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C45792.25B1D670--

2. Pointer to 2nd CFV: comp.os.os2.scitech, comp.os.os2.networking.server

3. bug report

4. Where to buy a monitor for my 130XE.

5. Bug report: UNIQUE KEY and DESCRIBE TABLE

6. Help: A client for sendmail

7. bug report on WinMySQLadmin 1.1

8. How to use ARX /ADS to implement the function of Selecting a face or edge in a 3d solid like that in Acadr12 AME

9. Bug Report - Installation on MacOS X (10.0.3 Build 4P13)

10. BUG report (CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES problem) 4.0.2/4.0.3-bk snapshot

11. Bug Report - SELECT Does Not Recognize Column Alias

12. Bug report: Embedded MySQL v4.04b

13. bug report