DREAMWEAVER-SQL DB

Post by LOUISCE.. » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:48:44

Dear All

I am trying to create a database via Dreamweaver Ultra Dev v1.0 using SQL, to
upload; eventually, to a server which has MySQL.  However, my initial
attempts are hampered as I constantly keep getting a connection error message
on the second screen of the Data Source wizard on Dreamweaver.

Via the Dreamweaver database wizard the first step is at the Microsoft SQL
Server DSN Configuration  screen.  Then to the Microsoft Server Login.  This
is where I am unable to proceed any further with the setup.   I receive the
following message:
Microsoft Server Login
Connection failed:
SQL state: '01000'
SQl Server Error: 53
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()).
Connection failed:
SQL State: '08001'
SQL Server Error: 6
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]
Specified SQL Server not found.

The Connection parameters is pipe name: \\URL\pipe\sql\query
The Network library is selected as: Named Pipes
The Server alias is selected as the website URL

Does anyone know how I am able to rectify this problem on Dreamweaver.

Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.

Sincerely

Jacqueline

DREAMWEAVER-SQL DB

Post by Clay Daniel » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:18:07

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C06AD2.AE542380

"The Network library is selected as: Named Pipes"

This should be TCP/IP, although for some odd reason it seems to default to
Named Pipes. Run through the configuration of the DSN and change it to
TCP/IP. See the attached screenshot. It's not really a Dreamweaver problem
but the Microsoft DSN 'Wizard'. Happens all the time...

Regards,
clay

> I am trying to create a database via Dreamweaver Ultra Dev v1.0 using SQL,
> upload; eventually, to a server which has MySQL.  However, my initial
> attempts are hampered as I constantly keep getting a connection error
message
> on the second screen of the Data Source wizard on Dreamweaver.

> Via the Dreamweaver database wizard the first step is at the Microsoft SQL
> Server DSN Configuration  screen.  Then to the Microsoft Server Login.
This
> is where I am unable to proceed any further with the setup.   I receive
the
> following message:
> Microsoft Server Login
> Connection failed:
> SQL state: '01000'
> SQl Server Error: 53
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named

Pipes]ConnectionOpen(CreateFile()).

> Connection failed:
> SQL State: '08001'
> SQL Server Error: 6
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]
> Specified SQL Server not found.

> The Connection parameters is pipe name: \\URL\pipe\sql\query
> The Network library is selected as: Named Pipes
> The Server alias is selected as the website URL

> Does anyone know how I am able to rectify this problem on Dreamweaver.

> Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.

> Sincerely

> Jacqueline

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C06AD2.AE542380

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C06AD2.AE542380--

1. DREAMWEAVER-SQL DB

Dear All

I am trying to create a database via Dreamweaver Ultra Dev v1.0 using SQL, to
upload; eventually, to a server which has MySQL.  However, my initial
attempts are hampered as I constantly keep getting a connection error message
on the second screen of the Data Source wizard on Dreamweaver.

Does anyone know how I am able to rectify this problem on Dreamweaver.

Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated.

Sincerely

Jacqueline

2. questions about Mozilla/Firebird extensions

3. Sql dreamweaver newbie

4. iptables

5. mysql & dreamweaver

6. R: Price Of Magic and 1001 Crew Card Cruncher

7. Dreamweaver can't connect to MySQL - that can't be!

8. Sync. serial I/O driver-z8530/vxworks,reqd.

9. Can you recommend any good tutorials for MySQL with Dreamweaver/Windows XP?

10. Trying to Learn MySQL/PHP with Dreamweaver

11. Database access - Frontpage or Dreamweaver?

12. DBISAM ODBC 3.19 Visual Sudio .Net or Dreamweaver MX

13. Question: Connecting MySQL with DreamWeaver MX on Windows 2000