Beginner question....

Post by Atle Ve » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:01:05

Could you please be more specific? Do you want to add new users with new
passwords or what are you trying to do?

You might be able to go somewhere with the really great documentation on
www.mysql.com :)

>     I am Using Win98, Apache Web Server with PHP and MySQL, but I do not
> know how to put passswords and other things to my databases.
>     Please help me.....

Beginner question....

Post by Dann » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:30:44

If you login to the mysql database there are tables such as
user

etc

- You can use INSERT INTO statements to create usernames and passwords with
other
privilages

> I am Using Win98, Apache Web Server with PHP and MySQL, but I do not
> know how to put passswords and other things to my databases.
>     Please help me.....

1. Another beginner question

Brace yourself for another beginner question...

When I try to use the SHOW command (logged in as root) , I get an error:

mysql> show databases;
ERROR:
No query specified

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Marty Ray

2. How to know if my app is already loaded

3. INNODB beginner question

4. Mystery startup items

5. Beginner Question

6. Employment Opportunity: Prospero Call Billing, Berks, UK

7. The Online Console

8. Beginner question....

9. beginners question - Not Makine Duplicate Entrys

10. Beginners Question

11. BEGINNER QUESTION.