Stored procedure and proc table

Post by Frondoni, Giorgi » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:37:51

Sorry, I have found the reason why. I have MySQL 4.1 and MySQL 5.0 =
running on different port. I was not passing --port=3D3307 to mysql =
client to connect to the correct server.

standard installation procedure.
Quote:> I have noticed that the table proc is missing from the mysql database =

and I can not run the CREATE PROCEDURE statement.

Quote:> What am I missing? I need to creare store procedure to port my =
application.=20

Post by Frondoni, Giorgi » Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:38:53

I have just installed MySQL 5.0.6-beta on windows following the standard =
installation procedure.
I have noticed that the table proc is missing from the mysql database =
and I can not run the CREATE PROCEDURE statement.
What am I missing? I need to creare store procedure to port my =
application.=20
Please help.
Thank you

Giorgio Frondoni
AVP, Chief of System Development
TransCore
phone: (858) 826-4750
cell: (760) 214-4092

1. can't call a stored proc from another stored proc?

Hi,

1) Can a stored procedure call another stored procedure?
  Ie, can you do 'call someproc()' from within a stored procedure?

2) Also, will a function ever be able to issue a SELECT query?

I am using mysql-5.0.1-alpha (built froms ource) , winXP & win2k.
The mysql daemon crashes without an error message when I try (1)

Cheers,

Mike

2. Dell SVGA drivers

3. Stored Procedure and the procs.db column

4. Toshiba 3401 CD-ROM drive

5. IIS 5 - SSL Issues

6. calling a stored procedure from another stored procedure

7. stored procedure slower than not using stored procedure?

8. Activating database stored procedures using SSP (Service stored procedures)

9. MySQL 5.0, func stored in proc table

10. AND on a many to many table, with arbitrary ANDs

11. Slow Insert into MyISAM table from Oracle Stored Procedure