Building from CVS tree for Windows

Post by Alec.Caw.. » Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:04:37

I want to use the LOAD DATA FROM MASTER feature from 4.0, but I cannot use
4.0.1 because of the bugs in FULLTEXT. I believed that these bugs are now
fixed but 4.0.2 seems to be an awfully long time coming, so I thought I
would try to build a later version from the CVS sources. Can anybody give
me a pointer to how I start this process? I have CVS, MS VisualC++,
Cygwin...

      Alec Cawley

mysql, query, mutter, mutter

Building from CVS tree for Windows

Post by Gelu Gogance » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 01:56:10

Hi,

It's obvious that MySQL development team use BitKeeper like Source Code
Manager.
Are more details at :
http://www.mysql.com/doc/I/n/Installing_source_tree.html

Regards,

Gelu
G.NET SOFTWARE COMPANY

> I want to use the LOAD DATA FROM MASTER feature from 4.0, but I cannot use
> 4.0.1 because of the bugs in FULLTEXT. I believed that these bugs are now
> fixed but 4.0.2 seems to be an awfully long time coming, so I thought I
> would try to build a later version from the CVS sources. Can anybody give
> me a pointer to how I start this process? I have CVS, MS VisualC++,
> Cygwin...

>       Alec Cawley

> mysql, query, mutter, mutter

1. Building from the develepment tree (windows)

I'm trying to build mysql from the development sources of mysql 4.1.,
retreived using bitkeeper under win2k using cygwin.

I have made "bk -r edit", and now I'm having a problem
running aclocal:

aclocal: configure.in: 450: macro `AM_PROG_AS' not found in library

When I make "automake --version" and "aclocal --version" it prints me
1.4-p5.

Does anyone use cygwin for this, any solutions and advices ?

Best regards,
Marek L.

2. monitor cable

3. building tree view in mysql?

4. Access Icons

5. Norton Utilities for NT

6. Rasterops attachment in Video output

7. Building odbc driver in windows XP

8. Building MyODBC 3.51 in Windows XP

9. problems building myodbc-3.5.2 on Windows XP with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET

10. Building MyODBC 3.51 in Windows XP

11. Unofficial MySQL 5.0.x Windows Build?