mySQL logs on Linux

Post by neal » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:13:11

Could someone tell me where the logs are written to by default, for a 3.23
install of MySQL on Linux?

I looked in /usr/share/mysql/english and each directory leading up to it,
but I didn't see anything resembling a log file.

Thanks.
Neal

mySQL logs on Linux

Post by David Borda » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:28:44

Quote:> Could someone tell me where the logs are written to by default, for a 3.23
> install of MySQL on Linux?

> I looked in /usr/share/mysql/english and each directory leading up to it,
> but I didn't see anything resembling a log file.

> Thanks.
> Neal

Logs are in your data directory with the Tables ...
Perhaps /var/mysql/data or /usr/local/mysql/data

David

mySQL logs on Linux

Post by Egor Egor » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:39:25

neal,

n> Could someone tell me where the logs are written to by default, for a 3.23
n> install of MySQL on Linux?

n> I looked in /usr/share/mysql/english and each directory leading up to it,
n> but I didn't see anything resembling a log file.

By default log files are located in the MySQL data dir.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov

/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   MySQL AB / Ensita.net
       <___/   www.mysql.com

mySQL logs on Linux

Post by Paul DuBo » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 06:36:02

Quote:>Could someone tell me where the logs are written to by default, for a 3.23
>install of MySQL on Linux?

To the data directory.  The location of this may vary per installation,
but you can discover it with this query:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'datadir';

Quote:

>I looked in /usr/share/mysql/english and each directory leading up to it,
>but I didn't see anything resembling a log file.

>Thanks.
>Neal

mySQL logs on Linux

Post by Paul DuBo » Sun, 27 Oct 2002 06:42:25

Quote:>Could someone tell me where the logs are written to by default, for a 3.23
>install of MySQL on Linux?

To the data directory.  The location of this may vary per installation,
but you can discover it with this query:

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'datadir';

Quote:

>I looked in /usr/share/mysql/english and each directory leading up to it,
>but I didn't see anything resembling a log file.

>Thanks.
>Neal

1. how to turn off query logging in mysql, redhat linux

Hello
I am trying to turn off the query log in mysql on redhat linux. It generates
huge log files (in /var/lib/mysql/hostname.log) that I dont need, and
impacts performance.

safe_mysqld was run with --log, and it seems like I want to turn that off
but I cant find any script or config file where the --log was specified,
perhaps it was compiled in?
I only have a binary distribution of mysql. Is there some way to override
the --log?

I have looked at section 4.9 of the mysql manual and
/etc/my.cnf (see below) and these scripts
/etc/rc.d/rc[0-6].d/K12mysqld
/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld
/usr/share/mysql/mysql.server

Does anyone know which of these scripts is really the one that starts
safe_mysql?
(note that the err-log setting in my.cnf refers to an error log (empty on my
machine) not
the query log that I am trying to get rid of.

-thanks Tom

$ ps -ax |grep mysql
6010 ?        S      0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --log
6036 ?        S      0:45 /usr/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr
--datadir=/var/lib

# uname -a
Linux {mydomain.com} 2.4.9-13 #1 Tue Oct 30 20:11:04 EST 2001 i686 unknown

# mysqladmin --version
mysqladmin  Ver 8.21 Distrib 3.23.41, for redhat-linux-gnu on i386

# cat my.cnf
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[mysql.server]
user=mysql
basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

2. Nero Burning Problems

3. ERROR rotating logs problem in MySQL(Linux)

4. research programmer position available

5. MySQL not logging from my LINUX machine to windows

6. splitting mail into multiple spools

7. how to turn off query logging for mysql on redhat linux

8. Simulink: Non Linear S-FUNCTION usage ???

9. Var/log/mysql/mysql.log

10. after mysqladmin flush-logs, does mysql make a new log file?

11. Get General Log and Binary Log location from MySQL database.

12. Writing MySQL's log back into log database

13. Help With Log-In and Log-Out from Mac To mySQL